Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Changes to fees chargeable on card payments
    By Ali P in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-01-2018, 01:52 PM
  2. best postage with tracking?
    By mrhotdog in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 09:52 PM
  3. Vinyl Tracking Solution.
    By NikGrey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 04:32 PM
  4. Credit card payments
    By Angloman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 10:44 AM
  5. Tracking marks
    By swimwivsquid in forum Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 08:31 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Tracking commision payments

Looking for an online solution. We pay designers/artists a commision on sales. Currently just using Excel but need something a bit better.

Only need something really simple. We choose the designer from a drop down list, choose the design and product that sold, enter price and it works out the commision. The designer needs to be able to see a 'live' report of sales at any time and I also generate a simple report to send to them at the end of each quarter.

I found an online solution that, with a bit of work would do what I need. I don't really want to be paying out every month for something unless it's cheap and this solution isn't.

It's one of those jobs that seem really simple but I need to automate as much as possible and save time.

Appreciate any advice.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you not got an affiliate plugin available for your website?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Justin your site is opencart there are numerous affiliate extensions you could use to solve your issue I am sure.

Mark
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks. We track sales from different shops, NOTHS, Etsy, Shopify etc. We don't use the Opencart website or these sales. That said if I can run something through there I will.....
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seems like something that could be done using a mySQL database on your server and a PHP script to keep the database updated. Your designers could access the latest database records at any time, presented to them in a table. A PDF summary could be automatically emailed to them (using, say, PHPMailer and fpdf182) at regular intervals.

Is that kind of what you're after Justin, or have I misunderstood it?

I could probably code this myself purely as an interesting project at zero expense to yourself.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 25-11-2020 at 12:39 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (25-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a different approach. Say that a designer is paid £2 for every sale rather than a percentage of £9.99 which is difficult to work out.

Once a sale comes in from NoTHS, you set up a gmail account which forwards a copy of the order onto the designer's email account. "Order Confirmation of Woodland Fox Phone Cover" email is sent immediately to the designer and she knows she's got a sale.

You have your own method for working out the commision, she now knows that she had 10 sales today and is expecting £2 x 10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Justin (25-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Seems like something that could be done using a mySQL database on your server and a PHP script to keep the database updated. Your designers could access the latest database records at any time, presented to them in a table. A PDF summary could be automatically emailed to them (using, say, PHPMailer and fpdf182) at regular intervals.

Is that kind of what you're after Justin, or have I misunderstood it?

I could probably code this myself purely as an interesting project at zero expense to yourself.
    I'm sure this would work yes, happy to pay for your time though :-). Doesn't need to be fancy, as long as I can access it easily and designers can run a qukick report to see sales etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'll have a go at coding this Justin.

At the moment I have no broadband as we have been re-housed while our home is being refurbished (new damp course, new kitchen, new bathroom etc) but I brought my PC's along and use XAMPP as a local server so that I can still develop stuff without an internet connection.

We'll be back home though from 7th December.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (25-11-2020)