Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Why would this happen...stumped :(
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-08-2017, 11:23 PM
  2. Whats happening here
    By Mugshots in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-04-2016, 07:56 PM
  3. Why do problems always happen when you're busy!
    By remlap3 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 10:19 AM
  4. whats the worst that can happen?
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 18-09-2012, 12:30 AM
  5. whats it to be then ?
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shop was flooded with warter ..! whats going to happen with Insuarance

Guys I had one of them days today, My shop was flooded with water coming down from a flat above my shop, Our DTG F2100 was getting warter most of it was covered with a cover sheet but front switch panel was directly getting water. and the platens etc was getting warter too .I can see a small waterdrop inside the screen and around the buttons as well, but inside the printer seems dry and didn't get water inside. The machine was plugged in but switched off.I have not switched on yet and left a heater ..What do you suggest ..Do I have to open the switch pannel and dry it up ?.

I have a content insurance for the shop , mainly our DTG and a P800 was gettign lot of warter but still dont know they are working or not as not switched on yet . (lot of T shirts were wet as well but didnt have a stock cover) but don't know what they are going to do yet .I have a video of warter comming down and getting on to the machine ( was like a heavy rain ) but before I was doing the video machine was covered with a poli cover so I dont know what these insuarance guys need as proofs .They will give me a call in 1- 2 days ..Pls advice guys ..what will happend next ?. ..Thanks

Last edited by Ravisteam; 26-11-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about insurance etc but felt compelled after reading your post to wish you luck and I hope it all resolves it self for you.

Mark
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mnporter2001 For This Useful Post:

Paul (26-11-2020), Ravisteam (26-11-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Don't turn it on - it needs to be dry first, otherwise it could go bang - best to wait until you know where you stand with the insurance. Best case scenario is the insurance buys you a new one, and you can get the flooded one dried and fixed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (26-11-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Don't turn it on - it needs to be dry first, otherwise it could go bang - best to wait until you know where you stand with the insurance. Best case scenario is the insurance buys you a new one, and you can get the flooded one dried and fixed.
    I have not switched on the printers , so dont know what to say to the insuarance guys as I dont know ther are working or not yet ..I can clearly see warter inside the disply of the F2100 ..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Insuarance company is aksing me for a recipt for the printer , I bought it second hand paid £6500 via our business bank account and she gave me a invoice that I cannot find now .Also they are asking me for a quuote for repair ..Ive checked the printer today and there is still warter inside it and eventhough it may work It will give me issues soon or later for sure as how wet it is ,.What do you recomend for this ?. ,.Also they are asking me if anyone is responsible for the damage , its from whoever lives in upstairs flat but I dont really know what to tell them , I thought just to say I dont know .I have few vedios of how warter was coming down and pictures of the printers ..Any recomendations form you guys are so helpfull ..cos I know these insuarance guys are always looking for not to pay you ..!! Thanks again inadvance ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a landlord that covers both the shop and flat upstairs. Might be worth asking them for help on sorting. They should be informed if the people above have damaged the shop ceiling and you can also see if your equipment can be covered.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (27-11-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Is there a landlord that covers both the shop and flat upstairs. Might be worth asking them for help on sorting. They should be informed if the people above have damaged the shop ceiling and you can also see if your equipment can be covered.
    Hi Andrew , yes one landload for both but this was bought the new landlord recently , I am not sure he has a building insurance etc , he spoke to me but didn't say anything about a insurance .But I have my own content insurance so I am looking to get this sorted from my insurance company , Spoke to Epson today and according to them they do not repair water damaged printers and non of their re sellers as its risky .So Epson is sending me a letter mentioning this .Hope insurance company will take their world and agree for a new printer .As per the purchase receipts It was bought second hand from a lady in Wales paid via our business account and I have screen shots of the bay purchase .Hope I can get this sorted ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your policy and what it covers I would be moving along the lines that the printer is beyond economical repair (which is what Epson have stated) and claim for that Also loss of business etc etc. You may be covered for rental of an equivalent machine ( you have a duty to your insurers to reduce any further potential losses against insured perils etc.

I dont know how much money is involved in the total claim but an informal chat with a loss assessor (works for you) may not be a bad idea.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (29-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Hi Andrew , yes one landload for both but this was bought the new landlord recently , I am not sure he has a building insurance etc , he spoke to me but didn't say anything about a insurance .But I have my own content insurance so I am looking to get this sorted from my insurance company , Spoke to Epson today and according to them they do not repair water damaged printers and non of their re sellers as its risky .So Epson is sending me a letter mentioning this .Hope insurance company will take their world and agree for a new printer .As per the purchase receipts It was bought second hand from a lady in Wales paid via our business account and I have screen shots of the bay purchase .Hope I can get this sorted ..
    BE HONEST WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. For high value claims they will probably want to claim from your landlords insurance, or even the tenants upstairs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (29-11-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    BE HONEST WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. For high value claims they will probably want to claim from your landlords insurance, or even the tenants upstairs.
    How that works ..Will I get it sorted from my insurance and they claim from landlord ??. Cos I don’t know landlord has a building insurance or not and will that matter to to my claim ?. cos I am paying for my content insurance shouldn’t they pay me regardless ..So nerves until I get this sorted ..