Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Listawood at PP
    By wayupnorth in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 10:08 PM
  2. Listawood
    By Angloman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. A Big Thank You to Listawood
    By JackB in forum Listawood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Listawood

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Hi Justin

Be careful with SW, the coating is not up to standard in my opinion. I have a video somewhere that will show you how the print rubs off using some detergents, although I use them for really cheap promotional material myself I am probably going to ditch them soon as it really is that bad.

Plus anytime there is a problem it’s like pulling teeth trying to get them to sort it out. Really bad customer service that has gone really downhill in the last 6 months ish.

God knows why you don’t use Listawood. Customers (apart from Gooners ;-) ) really do not care that much about a mug, but when the print starts to fade they do, and there is only one company where the print will never fade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Simon,

Aren't the SW mugs supposed to be Orca coated? maybe too thin a coat? Well, if my customers send them back I'll expect SW to refund every single one at retail price lol. From what i've seen and read SW have made a great effort to improve what was a very poor service in recent months.

LW mugs, if you saw what we'd been sent you'd understand why we don't use them.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SW mugs look the absolute nuts and are a very nice 10oz mug. But I have had a load of boxes where the coating is really bad and like I said, you can physically rub the print off. I wouldn’t mind if they admit to the problem, or had a customer service but they don’t and will lie and cheat their way out of anything.

I liken them to Ken’s inks in terms of “it’s everyone’s else’s fault and never our shite products”

LW went through an awful time and even I gave up for a while. I agree that the mugs were simply not up to scratch, which, bearing in mind i use the “budget” version is saying something. But things have improved significantly and back to what I expect.

I just like the fact that once printed it’s never going to fade of deteriorate, which you can not say about any other coating. It helps me sleep at night :-)

You have to ask yourself, if Listawood are using these mugs for their in house printing facility who are one of the largest in the UK, they can’t be that bad can they?

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post

You have to ask yourself, if Listawood are using these mugs for their in house printing facility who are one of the largest in the UK, they can’t be that bad can they?

But as you said yourself, they did have a number of issues? I had issues with the mugs many years ago and tried to return to using them in the past few years. Nothing had improved and we had several awful experiences. Oh well, each to their own. We've been using XP5013 for many years now, we never get rejects and have never had one returned. I use mugs at home and in the office so that they go through the dishwahser and they've never faded.

BTW, anyone reading this, Simons views are his own and have no reflection on the forum or it's owner ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just printed first SW mug. Taken it for a good scrubbing to get the print off :-)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW, anyone reading this, Simons views are his own and have no reflection on the forum or it's owner ;-)
    But YOU told me to say these things

Just printed first SW mug. Taken it for a good scrubbing to get the print off :-)
    Hopefully it will be fine, it was not every mug or batch with me, but it was significant enough for me to notice.

Back on topic, if we went for looks only then Listawood are certainly not the prettiest. Its a shame, but without a shadow of a doubt they have the best coating and price wise they are spot on for me. But it comes down to what order of priority you work with. If price is the number one factor then SW are top, if its coating and print stability then LW are unbeaten, if looks are the thing then XPRES are probably top dog.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newbie well ish but I'm over the moon with Listawood mugs, no issues whatsoever. Mainly been using coloured handle ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting to see how @Justin scrubbing got on
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm scrubbing really hard but still looks really good, very dissapointing lol. Been through the dishwasher and still we have a picture!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Batman (19-12-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had problems with Listawood. I don't normally use them, but usual supplier was out of stock for blue rim / handle mugs. I had problems with them years ago...nothing appears to have changed. Here is the main body of an email I sent them this morning.

Monday 23rd A customer of mine wanted 30 blue rim and handle mugs for Friday.
    Monday 23rd I order a box of 36 (after 3pm) with other items so expecting delivery Wednesday but allowing a day or two for delays.
    Thursday 26th the order arrives without the blue rim mugs and invoice doesn't match the money taken from my account. So I call yourselves (Emma) and told it was an error blue rim mugs will be sent out. They will be with me Friday. I call my customer and eventually persuade him to pick up Saturday.
    Friday 27th, No blue rim mugs, so I call to chase. Only to be told "We don't have them, it was an error in the warehouse". I call my customer persuade him to have blue rim and interior, not what he wanted but it's that or nothing. So expecting mugs Saturday before noon.
    Saturday 28th No mugs until after business has closed at 5pm. I have now lost my customer as the people he wanted to give them to have gone.
    Sunday 29th I open the box to find 11 out of the 36 are smashed and another 4 sound as though they are cracked when I tap them, I am sure others will show when I press them. Note the outer box shows no signs of damage at all.
    Just to add to this, I struggle with blue and greens. The mugs were supposed to be light blue, my wife informs me they are definitely not light blue!
    etc

I Love the way their coating prints, and it's durability, alas on anything else they are a nightmare.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We lost a potentialy lucrative customer in a similar way.