Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Hello All!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello All!

Hi. I'm Angela, and I'm looking forward to picking all your brains

I'm new to sublimation (in fact, I haven't started yet).

I'm coming to this from a crafting background, but have been wanting to take things up a notch for some time. I don't have any plans to take over the world: just to have a small line of items with my own designs that I intend to sell to a fairly niche market. I'm looking to sublimate my designs on to a variety of items - including clothing, for which I'm hoping to use sub-printable flock in the main, as I think it will suit my designs.

I had intended to begin my journey much earlier this year, but COVID-19 put pay to that, as my other business (in weddings and events) hasn't been allowed to work since March and the money I set aside for this project needed to be diverted to keep afloat. However, I've decided that I need to just go for it - albeit with a significantly reduced budget.

From my previous crafting experience, I already have a very good plotter / cutter and heat press (flat), plus design experience. I also have an Epson A3 printer coming next week. I'm still doing my research on several aspects that I will no doubt be plaguing you all with, and then, no doubt, I'll have the seemingly obligatory phase of "Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong?", but, hopefully, I won't drive you all to distraction and, with your help, I hope to come out the other side!

Anyway, I think that's given you a decent bit of background on me.... thanks for reading (If you made it to the end! )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi, and welcome. All of your answers are in here (somewhere!) so have a good dig around and don't hesitate to ask for advice.

Good luck with your venture.