Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. I wonder how many would you have to sell...?
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
  2. why sell this cheap ?
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 05:04 PM
  3. How to sell a Sat Nav! (funny)
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-09-2011, 08:20 PM
  4. Do you think these will sell?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-03-2011, 10:36 AM
  5. What items would/do you sell?
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    It'd be a sad day if society turned a blind eye to crime and potential crime by adopting the attitude "it's the responsibility of the victim".
    The big problem is that ebay don't care. On top of that, trading standards and the government know all to well about ebay and don't seem to care either. This generates the "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude, even though it is the wrong thing to do.

I spent time chasing people on ebay a few years ago. Our company designs were used which we had done on behalf of certain brands. We used to get in touch saying we were going to report and we get a load of abuse back. We pass this info onto ebay, sometimes they act and sometimes they don't. It ended up a daily check on ebay and next thing we new time was filling up with trying to fight a losing battle. Unless they care at the top of the chain, we can do very little and it becomes "almost" okay to operate like this on ebay.

There are designs that the OP has that corssover onto brands that I currently print for, so indirectly affects me. Am I going to kick up a fuss...... wasted enough time in the past to know it will be further time wasted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    It'd be a sad day if society turned a blind eye to crime and potential crime by adopting the attitude "it's the responsibility of the victim".
    The problem is that it isn't 'Joe Public' that is kicking up the fuss, as they are quite happy with their cheap mugs, it is people in a similar trade kicking up a fuss, for no other reason than someone is selling radically more products than themselves.

If people want to go on a 'moral crusade' why not go to the monopolies commission and complain about the unfair domination of the sublimation ink market by one supplier, or complain how prices of many sublimation items appear to be 'fixed', with no vendor allowed to discount. Those are the folks doing the REAL damage to the sublimation industry, not someone shifting a few questionable mugs.

The vast majority of shady merchandise is sold on eBay and as Andrew points out, they are not really interested. Why would they be? They are making millions out of it every year and even the government has no qualms in taxing the proceeds of illicit trade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how prices of many sublimation items appear to be 'fixed', with no vendor allowed to discount
    What's all that about then

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Dreamglass, rubbish its nothing to do with selling more products we could all sell sh@t loads of products if we chose to print whatever we decided to with no regards to copyright, hardly a moral crusade its called staying within the law, its clear from this thread some people adhere to copyright laws and some don't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man whatever, but eBay is the one allowing millions of illicit products to appear on its sites. Do people on this forum show their disgust by refusing to buy other items off eBay? I guess not.

You could argue about it all day long, but is up to the individual license holders and their legal representatives to police their products, NOT the green eyed monsters in a similar trade.

I create my own products from scratch and like everyone else with intellectual rights, the monitoring and enforcement of my own copyrights is down to me and me alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMGLASS View Post
    I just wish this forum would stop keep turning into 'moral police'. That is the responsibility of license holders and trading standards.
    so what about a guy who is selling my mug templates on the net for 10% of they value??? should I turn blind eye on it too? maybe I should congratulate him for more sales then I actualy get.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Paul. You get his contact details from eBay, then send a letter via recorded delivery stating that you own the copyright to those items and if they are not removed within 48 hours you will proceed with legal action.

You own the copyright and it is your responsibility to pursue it, if you so wish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    the problem is this is not on ebay :( and there is no company details etc... http://www.mugtemplates.com/
    Last edited by Paul; 28-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not get details of the person from the WHOIS database? You can certainly get details of his hosting company nameservers from the WHOIS database and contact his web hosting directly. They'll usually have policies about copyrighted material.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I have done that. I email him and got few emails back with abuse. He called me a scam :) I will have him soon ;)