Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson sublimation compatibility
    By Disky in forum Printers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-03-2016, 11:48 PM
  2. Virtuoso Sublijet HD Ink compatibility
    By shimmy27 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-10-2015, 09:16 PM
  3. Getting started
    By Maggie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
  4. For Sale Apple MacBook Pro (Newest Model) - LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-03-2012, 09:26 PM
  5. Colour popping in Apple Aperture 3
    By Draner in forum Software
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting started with sublimation - Apple Mac Compatibility

Hello all,

First post here... I’m looking at getting set up with a sublimation printer and heat press package. Having done clothing a long time ago and currently owning a cutter I’m looking to open some more doors with the opportunities that sublimation printing creates.

I have spent some time looking at packages and bundles online and have found an A3+ solution from iSub Supplies. The printer is an Epson EcoTank ET-14000. I only use Mac computers and from what I can see, everything online suggests that there is no compatibility with Mac. Is anyone able to help me understand the reason for this and does anybody know if there are any solutions that would mean avoiding buying a PC/Windows Laptop?

Many thanks in advance,
    Will

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No compatibility with Mac?

You can use photoshop or gimp it’s only to create and print and image using an icc profile.
    If your using a specific software that’s not Mac compatible you can always find alternatives.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It must be compatible with Mac as Epson have driver downloads on their site for it...

Apple Supported Operating System

Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
    Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
    Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
    Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think current Mac or Android devices acknowledge custom ICC profiles.

I don't know if the Creative Studio software on the Sawgrass SG1000 wil work on Mac.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to all this, and I don't use a Mac, but I've been reading so much recently! - As I understand it, Macs aren't working with the ICCs. However, I believe there is a way that you can set up a partition and install a Windows virtual machine on your Mac to save you having to buy another computer / laptop. Sorry I can't tell you more, but hopefully it's enough info to give you a starting point for your research.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    if you use Photoshop then you are good to go. I have my 2 macs set up for sublimation printing. working alright

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been considering buying an A3 sublimation printer from Ink Experts but will probably opt for a printer which is more compatible with Macs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to everyone for your responses so far.

There is a statement on the Ink Experts website saying - ‘Ink Experts recommend the use of Windows based PCs/Laptops/Tablets.
    It is also strongly recommended that all printers be used with the provided USB cable, even if the printer has a wireless function.

Support for the following devices will be discontinued as of 11/11/2020

All Apple devices; iMac, Macbook, iPad, and iPhone.
    Android devices; Chromebook, all mobile telephones and tablets.
    Linux based systems.

The decision to cut support for these devices comes down to colour correction.
    Devices listed above do not offer, cannot currently use, or completely ignore custom ICC profiles.
    ICC profiles are a necessity when trying to achieve accurate colours with sublimation printing, and without their use the finished result will not be as desired.
    Support for purchases before this date will still be offered, but updates made to your system after 11/11/2020 will not be covered in our technical support.

This decision may change in the future if support for ICC profiles is made available in these devices, or in the case of Apple Macbooks and iMacs, when Apple correct their ongoing issues with colour correction.’

I’m assuming this is down to recent updates in the Mac operating system, however does anybody know if this is relevant if I’m only using and printing from Adobe Photoshop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not being funny here but, if success in your sublimation business depends on using a Windows Pc, then surely it would make good sense to do exactly that.

Refurbished Windows PC's capable of doing the job can be picked up for a few quid on ebay, we have 5 such machines, 3 of which have run 24/7 for over 3 years now without any major problems.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (29-11-2020), pw66 (29-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Not being funny here but, if success in your sublimation business depends on using a Windows Pc, then surely it would make good sense to do exactly that.

Refurbished Windows PC's capable of doing the job can be picked up for a few quid on ebay, we have 5 such machines, 3 of which have run 24/7 for over 3 years now without any major problems.
    Thanks, this is one of the options that I have been exploring, however it would make sense to avoid adding a completely different operating system and reduce complications if at all possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk