Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Happy New Year from Germany
    By Magic in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 06:43 PM
  2. Happy New Year
    By Renniwano in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
  3. Happy New Year!!! 2013
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 01:46 AM
  4. Happy New Year
    By Mark Clayton in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Happy to say... I'll be closing early this year.

I had this year planned, 50% excess stock over last Xmas ready for the busy spell, then needed to order more, then more. I might make it to the end of the week and that'll be me out of stock. A quick check on the stats shows sales up 211% on last year over the last 30 days. Sales for the year up 101%. I haven't pushed the sublimation side at all this year as I 've been working on designs on POD sites (I like the POD business).

I guess that means those that have been on the ball with sublimation this year must have been balls out busy!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was forced to revise my business model recently and managed to build a successful website. But I may as well be closed today since my two best product lines have gone kaput. I could sit and graphic design new stuff, but I might just decorate the house and live off the two government grants.

Was it redbubble or somewhere you mentioned before?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 01-12-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gooner

Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Was it redbubble or somewhere you mentioned before?
    Zazzle is working nicely for me. Odd as so many people have struggled with it. I am no genius at designs or knowing how Zazzle works. Stuff sells, I get paid. If it continues the way it is I'll drop sublimation by the end of 2021.

Janners

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JMugs For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (01-12-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been the opposite, I didn't have the patience with things like Redbubble. I guess with Sublimation it's quite instant, make a sale and make it and send it out.

I just uploaded about 100 designs then couldn't be bothered to do any more as they didn't sell. Same designs on a mug to sublimate and sell myself and there's a fair few sales.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    I have been the opposite, I didn't have the patience with things like Redbubble. I guess with Sublimation it's quite instant, make a sale and make it and send it out.

I just uploaded about 100 designs then couldn't be bothered to do any more as they didn't sell. Same designs on a mug to sublimate and sell myself and there's a fair few sales.
    Ditto!

I uploaded a lot of designs to Redbubble a few years ago. I get sporadic payments from only one of them, the rest have sold little or nothing.

It's paid for the hours I spent designing and uploading, but that's all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped all USA and Canada orders yesterday, too much volume in the system, I think we will get some disgruntled North American buyers in the next few weeks to come. Also stopped some slower to produce products in favour of our quick to make stuff, we have some products which are slowing the whole setup down.
    We have this situation every year, stress, stress and more stress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    We stopped all USA and Canada orders yesterday, too much volume in the system, I think we will get some disgruntled North American buyers in the next few weeks to come. Also stopped some slower to produce products in favour of our quick to make stuff, we have some products which are slowing the whole setup down.
    We have this situation every year, stress, stress and more stress.
    Stopped USA sales during the first lockdown due to the massive delays. So I knew already that Christmas wasn't going to work. Every year I stop USA sales on the 1st December becuase that is the realistic last posting date allowing for my despatch time. Same here, I streamline the product range and concentrate on the bulk, for a nice smooth operation. I've had enough stress this year....I don't care now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gooner,
    I streamlined a few years ago, put prices up, worked less and earned almost the same. It was a nice trade off.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I put my prices up four times on Etsy trying to slow sales down, due to the recent Royal Mail delays and having a big influx of wholesale orders. The daily sales rate rose even higher!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I put my prices up four times on Etsy trying to slow sales down, due to the recent Royal Mail delays and having a big influx of wholesale orders. The daily sales rate rose even higher!
    Now that is a result!

Janners