Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. General newbie help
    By xxxlisaxxx in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 01:13 PM
  2. BN-20 General Cleaning
    By liannef in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-02-2016, 03:54 PM
  3. General mug confusion!
    By angiecrowe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 01:46 PM
  4. general maintenance
    By guarddog14 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM
  5. Bags and general help
    By Janjan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Dye Sub Advice

Hi all

I have recently been able to use direct UV printers for some wood and acrylic testing and love the effects however it turns out the pricing is a bit out of reach.

Has anyone got any good experience processing Acrylic and wood roughly A3 size?

I'm looking to do basic text as well as photographs and wanted to know if a high quality is reliably possible with this process or whether I need to keep looking at direct print. I'd only be looking to do low volume 10-20 units a week so speed isn't really an issue.

Thanks for any help/pointers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajbeckz View Post
    Hi all

I have recently been able to use direct UV printers for some wood and acrylic testing and love the effects however it turns out the pricing is a bit out of reach.

Has anyone got any good experience processing Acrylic and wood roughly A3 size?

I'm looking to do basic text as well as photographs and wanted to know if a high quality is reliably possible with this process or whether I need to keep looking at direct print. I'd only be looking to do low volume 10-20 units a week so speed isn't really an issue.

Thanks for any help/pointers!
    Not sure what the question is. Do you mean the price of the uv printer is out of reach or the production cost of the product is too high?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read that working with Acrylics you tend to get a lot of warping unless you can cool it slowly.

Just want to check that sublimation will give a good quality result on acrylics and wood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajbeckz View Post
    I've read that working with Acrylics you tend to get a lot of warping unless you can cool it slowly.

Just want to check that sublimation will give a good quality result on acrylics and wood.
    I experimented with 2mm and 3mm thick cast acrylic (it has to be cast, not extruded), and prints were excellent at 190 deg C for 60 secs, but I couldn't find a way of cooling them without warping. I even tried between 2 sheets of toughened glass with heavy books on top.