Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Both companies I have mentioned have been pretty darn good. I did have a bad batch from one sometime ago but it didn't affect the print so wasn't really bothered.

My go to paper is from Ink Experts and they have purchased a new guillotine which is spot on in my opinion. Just make sure you ask them how they want notifications on what size to trim ;-)

I know you have impeccable standards Gooner (nothing wrong with that) but its got to be worth a punt on a 100 sheets just to test perhaps...
    This revolution :; in printing has come at the right time. The two L805s I bought from Inkexperts are catching their 120 gsm paper causing a right mess, so maybe this will kill two birds...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    You can get borderless on yours as well. I will be sharing once I have written clear instructions...
    Did you get a chance to look at the borderless printing instructions? I had a go one evening with my L805, but the printer is smarter than me and refused to print edge to edge. I think the results got worse the more I tinkered with the settings!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you get a chance to look at the borderless printing instructions?
    I have tried on several occasions to post these instructions and also how I print dishwasher proof standard black mugs but for some reason it will not let me (I keep getting error messages). Justin has looked into this and can not see any issue so we have no idea what is going on. I am going to try one last attempt here by breaking it up into several threads. If that doesn't work then there is not much I can do...

The three images attached to this message will make sense when reading the instructions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Mrteajunkie (05-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I set my page to 240 x 90mm which is the circumference of the mug I use minus the handle and is the exact height. Customers supply their artwork to this size with a print area of 225mm wide and 90mm high. These specifications will most likely be different depending on what mugs and set up you use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One the artwork is complete I reduce it by approximately 80% and position the artwork as shown on the "magenta" image

I put my precut paper (240 x 90mm) in the printer and print using standard sublimation settings and profile but with the exceptions shown in the image posted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The printed image should resemble something similar to the image posted. I am aware that this one is slightly out, it is the only print I had that did not have any confidentiality clause or strict copyright restrictions that I did not want copied ;-)

This image will wrap around the entire mug and print edge to edge top and bottom. There is no excess paper and, more importantly for oven users, no excess ink

If you print bulk mugs I am sure you can appreciate how time saving this is as you will not have to cut any printed paper again which I find is a major faff :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use Ink experts paper and a direct link to their custom cutting service is below

https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/product...imation-paper/

If you use Trupix paper then I know Listawood used to offer a custom cutting service and probably still do. There could well be others out there but as I have already got good suppliers I have not found the need to look further.
    Last edited by socialgiraffe; 05-02-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to get feedback from people on if this works for them so please post results.

Sorry for the fragmented instructions, it was the only way I could get them posted.

Ordinary mugs printed with white toner and dishwasher proof posting as soon as I can work out what the hell is wrong with my machine.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (05-02-2021), Mrteajunkie (05-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant thanks, I'll come in on Saturday and have a go at this.

As for the forum problems, there might be a limit on attachments or some sort of limit on thread sizes? Might just be an issue with your browser. I thought I had posted this request a couple of weeks ago, only to find that the post hadn't been submitted...wondering why you hadn't replied.

80%?...such sorcery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I should have added this....

To set this up I would advise you draw a rectangle the size of your artwork. Follow the instructions above BUT for the very first print, use the settings shown on an A4 piece of paper.

This will show you the exact size of the print with the settings you have set up. This is quite important because if your settings are slightly too big for the paper size you require the ink is going to print off the edge of the paper and onto the printer base. That might become a bit of an issue when printing other size paper as the excess ink will now transfer on to the back of that sheet.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough