Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh sg3110dn ink
    By smes9 in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 09:58 AM
  2. Ricoh SG3110DN
    By nodx in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:23 PM
  3. Ricoh SG3110DN
    By kermit in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
  5. new ricoh sg3110dn
    By Billy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-05-2013, 11:40 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh SG3110DN ADVICE.

After a bit of advice. I bought the Ricoh 3110DN a few years ago and due to stuff going on I had to stop printing, meaning the machine has been off for over 2 years. I remember reading that the machines are best left on, and turning it off could cause issues.

My question is should I purchase a new printer or risk buying ink and hoping that the machine is okay (From what I remember the ink was really expensive per cartridge and i don't want to waste money on ink when I should of just bought a new printer)

If you recommend I buy a new printer, what should I go for? i will be printing for phone cases and I am after the best images. Budget: £300-£400

Thanks,

Luke

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One option is to buy compatible inks and carts from the likes of Ink Experts, or CIE. Much, much cheaper than, yet as good as, Sawgrass inks, and probably worth giving it a go.

The 3110DN is a good printer. I have two: one bought new that i have used for a few years now, and one bought second hand as a spare printer that I never used for over 2 years yet still passed a recent nozzle check.

However, Epson seems to be the route most people are taking these days but read the posts advising never to update the firmware when using compatible inks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be posting my 3110DN shortly on the sales page. I have mine running with refillable cartridges and CityInk Express inks (both will come with the printer). I have 3 Epsons on the go so it's just surplus to what I need just now. Nothing wrong with it at all, prints well.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyaPhone View Post
    After a bit of advice. I bought the Ricoh 3110DN a few years ago and due to stuff going on I had to stop printing, meaning the machine has been off for over 2 years. I remember reading that the machines are best left on, and turning it off could cause issues.

My question is should I purchase a new printer or risk buying ink and hoping that the machine is okay (From what I remember the ink was really expensive per cartridge and i don't want to waste money on ink when I should of just bought a new printer)

If you recommend I buy a new printer, what should I go for? i will be printing for phone cases and I am after the best images. Budget: £300-£400

Thanks,

Luke

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your reply. I may look in to the Epson route.