Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson ET-2711 blues and greens wrong
    By GazzaBJ in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2020, 03:15 PM
  2. Newbie Blues - precut paper
    By Sedgewick in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-11-2017, 11:31 AM
  3. Blues turning green - colour change issue...
    By RuthWinchester in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-04-2017, 02:49 AM
  4. that lines problem, its dark blues!
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
  5. Epson D120 Blues not printing out,
    By Liz in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ebay blues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ebay blues

Genuine conversation with a buyer today. Where do these people come from? How do they function day to day as adults?

Buyer: You sent my order out and my name wasn't on it. I want to know what you're going to do about it.

Me: You never requested your name on it. There was no note to seller or any subsequent messages. Therefore, no name requested.

Buyer: I did request it.

Me: See attached screengrab of your order showing no such request.

Buyer: I added it as a note to my order, see screengrab.

Me: Yes, you certainly did. You added a personal note to your order.

Buyer: Then why did you not put my name on it when it's clearly added.

Me: What part of "personal note" are you not grasping? You do understand it's your own personal note that no one else can see but you?

Buyer: Irrelevant, the name is clearly there. I want this rectifying NOW!

Me: Send it back to me and I'll issue a refund when I receive it back undamaged. You can request this via ebay.

Buyer: Absolutely not, it's your mistake. Why should I have to pay to return it?

Me: Raise a case with ebay sir, I'm sure they'll make the correct decision when they run through events :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ... aaaaand ...... BLOCKED!

That Blocklist is probaly the best (and only) thing ebay have done to help sellers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good old blocked-list! sometimes i can sense a challenge customer and block them even before they buy.
    Last edited by BrighterPrint; 15-12-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blimey. The good olde ebay days. We basically blocked the whole of ebay 12 months ago and our stress levels by not selling to muppets vanished over night.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a few in the last couple of weeks try it on saying they haven't had things.

Then when I reply with the date and time it was delivered they don't seem to respond.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is Ebay's policy on cancelling orders before shipment? Do you get hit with bad DSRs or whatever they are called these days?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    What is Ebay's policy on cancelling orders before shipment? Do you get hit with bad DSRs or whatever they are called these days?
    Cancel the order with buyer asked to cancel the order.
    or somethings wrong with buyers address.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep all ways use the "Buyer requested to cancel".

I have a major issue on the way with regards ebay orders (personalised names on mugs), the way I work is I am normally around 2 days behind on ebay so if an order was made on Monday it will probably get created and shipped on Wednesday BUT the way I work is as the orders come in I drag them via API into hermes, pay for the postage and print out the sheet I then write the name that has been request either via the notes as they go through checkout or via the ebay message system on to the right hand side of the A4 postage print out.

The issue is I have just counted my printed and paid for postage slips and have 84 from the last 21 days that have no name to apply to the mug, I have sent messages requesting the name but alas have had no reply.

So I guess I am going to get a whole load of refund requests after xmas and I presume I have lost 84x£2.90 in all ready paid postage that will never get used.

I state quite clearly in the item description that the customer must send me the name required on the mug either through notes in checkout or via the ebay message system.

Anyway I shall not be doing the same next year that is for sure, and have now chucked ebay into holiday mode.

Is there a better way to deal with this? I suppose what I should have done is just cancel every order at point of sale where a name was not sent but hey ho you live and learn I guess.

Mark
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ebay is shit where anything personalised is concerned. We have our own online shop (via Ecwid) set up so that a personalised order cannot be placed without supplying the personalisation. Why ebay cannot do something similar is beyond me.

Just add a note in your description that the order will be cancelled if no details are received within 24hrs of placing it. Or, say that orders with no personalisation details will be assumed to require none and will be sent without personalisation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post

Just add a note in your description that the order will be cancelled if no details are received within 24hrs of placing it. Or, say that orders with no personalisation details will be assumed to require none and will be sent without personalisation.
    That's exactly what I do. Clearly stated in the description. No note, no message, you get a non personalised version. Simple.