Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Which graphics tablet ?
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31-03-2015, 06:00 PM
  2. App for Android Tablet.
    By Earl Smith in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM
  3. Graphics Tablet help
    By rachelwhisk in forum Hardware
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 08:23 PM
  4. Has any one took advantage of Red Nose Day?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-03-2013, 01:31 PM
  5. tablet
    By jennywren in forum Hardware
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:53 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Tablet and the advantage of LTE.

My poor old Samsung tablet is about to die on me so Im looking to replace it. Technology has moved on since I bought the old one 6 years ago.
    Im looking at the Samsung Galaxy tab S5e https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/sam...schwarz+658671
    or the same tablet but without the LTE option and 50€ cheaper.
    What is the advantage of the LTE option? I really have no idea what it does.

I use the tablet for browsing , watching youtube videos , Facebook and writing messages. Nothing heavy duty.
    Thanks.
    And a Happy and healthy New year to everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stick with wifi only and not LTE (sim card which would need data plan). I use a Tab S5E for work/personal and it is fantastic and use Wifi only. It is hardly the case that I am not at work or at home using it so therefore in a Wifi zone and if out then I look for free wifi. The last resort to being no wifi is just to turn my smartphone into a hotspot (one button press if you have an android phone) and use my phone data plan instead. I would always recommend using a VPN (such as Nord which I use) if using free wifi out and about. So save yourself both the cost of LTE and a new data plan by sticking with the wifi version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Stick with wifi only and not LTE (sim card which would need data plan). I use a Tab S5E for work/personal and it is fantastic and use Wifi only. It is hardly the case that I am not at work or at home using it so therefore in a Wifi zone and if out then I look for free wifi. The last resort to being no wifi is just to turn my smartphone into a hotspot (one button press if you have an android phone) and use my phone data plan instead. I would always recommend using a VPN (such as Nord which I use) if using free wifi out and about. So save yourself both the cost of LTE and a new data plan by sticking with the wifi version.

That is exactly how I use my tablet too but I have a pay as you go SIM in it and top it up once a year to ensure I have the use of Whatsapp on it. Its 8€ to top up for a month so it wont break the bank. The rest of the year I connect via Wifi or a hot spots with my Samsung Mobile. The mobile is on a year plan through Aldi Talk. Costs 60€ for one year which is amazing value. Calls cost extra but last year I put an extra 15€ in and that covered the calls. Most of the time my mobile is connected to Wifi too. Serious calls are made with the land line.

Looks like I shall go for the S5e without the LTE. https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/sam...schwarz+658667

Thanks for your advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not particularly related to your question but just a heads-up for anyone tethering their moble to a computer (via wifi hotspot, usb tethering, or bluetooh tethering). We recently moved home for a couple of monthswhile our existing home was refurbished. This left me without internet so I planned on tehthering my phone to my pc just for surfing the net mainly, nothing dramatic.

Well, wifi hotspot was poor and kept dropping out (even though I had a 4G connection) so I used usb tethering. Results were great, no dropouts and a decent speed, HOWEVER, unknown to me Windoze 10 was doing background updates, as was Photoshop, even though I had set Win 10 to say I was using a metred connection.

Result? HALF of my monthly 10Gb data allowance disappeared in ONE SESSION!!!

So, keep an eye on your data usage when tethering unless you have unlimited, uncapped data.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (05-01-2021)