Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ink costs
    By leehilton90 in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-05-2020, 12:03 AM
  2. Finished Mug Costs
    By leehyde30 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
  3. Costs
    By harlequeen in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:34 PM
  4. Riots - Courier Deliveries
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:41 PM
  5. BMS Christmas Deliveries/ Opening Dates
    By bms in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For Rules of Origin, I would state the EU country you bought it from. They only want to charge you VAT when it enters their single market.

As for the French, they are being the usual charming neighbours. They are deliberately delaying and holding up parcels. BBC News story last night were they let £1000s of live shelfish go to waste just because the paperwork was 4kg out. Held another lorry driver up. Put his paperwork on a desk to be checked, they didn't even touch it. Told him he could go after two hours wating. The French then put pressure on Spain because they were being too lax. They are laughing at us because we are allowing smooth imports into the UK. Lovely partners the EU..see ya and good riddance.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 23-01-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post

Mrs Maggot. I would wait a few months and see what happens. Its all a bit chaotic at the moment and maybe it will sort itself out.
    Unfortunately I cannot wait the equipment I hired has to go back the penalties are huge for not sending it back. It has been sent off with UPS are personal equipment, returned to owner. - I will let you know how the parcel goes. I took out no insurance on the parcel from UPS but took out full insurance on its value of £800 with Secursus for £6.40 so the parcel is fully insured. i will now use them for other parcels, as their insurance works out cheaper than any even on the cheap parcel sites.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    For Rules of Origin, I would state the EU country you bought it from. They only want to charge you VAT when it enters their single market.
    Rules of Origin relates to where the goods are made, not the country where they were bought. Any duty and vat will be applied by UK Customs, not the EU. To the best of my knowledge HMRC are very unlikely to give away the drippings from the end of their nose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Rules of Origin relates to where the goods are made, not the country where they were bought. Any duty and vat will be applied by UK Customs, not the EU. To the best of my knowledge HMRC are very unlikely to give away the drippings from the end of their nose.
    I think it might fall under 'goods in production'.

When I imported from the USA, the parcel qualified as an Ex-Works shipment. So the seller couldn't add extra admin fees, customs clearance fees, Brexit charges etc. Worth reading up on. Rather than the seller paying UK VAT directly to HMRC, you would be responsible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haha! You couldn't make this stuff up ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-55757931

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post

https://www.facebook.com/CornwallFor...95156001551429
    Sorry, its via Facebook, I couldnt find a youtube link. This is what Leave.eu were selling to the gullible in 2016. Note the reference to not having to be burdened with paperwork.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The EU are imposing the same VAT rules. It was supposed to be implemented on the same day as the UK, but it is delayed until June 2021. Norway, Australia and NZ are also implementing a similar scheme. The purpose of it is to protect us from VAT evasion. Something we were all screaming about when Chinese sellers entered our ebay and Amazon marketplaces.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 22-01-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Govt. underestimated how much of the value of UK exports to the EU comes from 'retail' items, and how price sensitive retail is.
    It is all very well and high falutin to consider 'exports' as high value items, such as Rolls Royce selling Aero engines to Airbus. The added costs imposed by Brexit are not insurmountable - but when you stick twenty quid on top of the price of a relatively low cost pair of jeans then the product is no longer competitive.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (22-01-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    It looks like "Getting back the control" is going to be very expensive for us :(
    We're not "taking back control". Such a thing was never going to be allowed.
    The two options were:
    -delay, delay, delay, in the hope that we get fed up and just stay in the EU, or
    -BRINO, but remain under globalist control.
    We got option two.

We had the good sense (just) to vote for independence, but we made errors subsequently of voting for the same set of traitors who had betrayed us for so many decades.
    Hence, the current problems.
    We're being punished for "leaving".
    It'll settle down and improve once enough moaning has been done.
    In the meantime, there's an opportunity for learning, or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In my mind, and especially in the minds of many here in the North East, Brexit was never just about whether we wanted to stay in the EU or not. It was chance to give a vote of no confidence in the government more than anything else. This was what drove me to ensure my vote was made and counted.