Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Schultz Four Platen Rotary heat press on ebay!
    By pw66 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-11-2019, 12:52 PM
  2. External Power Box -- Rotary Heat Press
    By angelbaby in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-12-2017, 01:59 PM
  3. New heat press required i think....Recommendations?
    By michael in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 09:51 PM
  4. Digital Rotary Pen Printer Recommendations
    By morrison.d in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-03-2015, 11:58 AM
  5. Rotary heat press wanted?
    By Photomouse in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roller/rotary heat press - any recommendations?

Hi

I am considering buying a rotary heat press. I only need a small one ideally 24" to match my epson sc-f500.

I found one at Rasmart https://www.rasmartmachinery.co.uk/p...ry-heat-press/ but that's about it, no others.

Anyone is aware of other places to check? happy with second hand one if in good condition.

Also, if anyone has any experience with above, are they good?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Completely agree rotary press is the way to go but, if you only have 24" printer is it worth looking at a larger heat press? Just playing devils advocate.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's a 44" one on ebay, with feed in table ... ho bigger than you need, as then open up future options for upgrading the printer to go wider. The ebay one is a HeatJet 44 which RASmart are the UK dealer for, and are great at support even if you aren't the original buyer.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We had the 44" rotary and 44" printer for ages, and upgraded the press to 63" and for years used it with the 44" printer ... you can feed multiple small pieces alongside each other, also more gets through the press quicker. We do now have a 64" press, but the 44" one is still in use to get more done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sublimating 2-3 meters of webbing at the time and have 40 x 50 press which is okay but just takes so much time and work. I can’t get it to work on some designs as it leaves marks on webbing when I move the webbing forward so rotary seems like perfect choice to do straps in one go

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    There's a 44" one on ebay, with feed in table ... ho bigger than you need, as then open up future options for upgrading the printer to go wider. The ebay one is a HeatJet 44 which RASmart are the UK dealer for, and are great at support even if you aren't the original buyer.
    i know. I’ve seen it. Very good price for the press of this size. I was quoted more for 24”. The only problem is it needs 30amp power socket which I do not have

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Getting a single phase 32 amp socket fitted isn't a big deal, and they don't pull anywhere near that amount of power. I did have our 44" running on a normal 13 amp plug for a while. When I measured the power draw on our 63" it was 10 amps iirc, and currently running of a 16 amp breaker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Getting a single phase 32 amp socket fitted isn't a big deal, and they don't pull anywhere near that amount of power. I did have our 44" running on a normal 13 amp plug for a while. When I measured the power draw on our 63" it was 10 amps iirc, and currently running of a 16 amp breaker.
    Not wanting to ask a stupid question but...... if you set up a rotary with tables either side at the correct height, would you be able to print the .5 sublimation sheet metal? Could get some decent worflow through that way. Guessing the weight and rigidity would be and issue after exit with the next sheet coming g through unless it is constantly checked.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The key word is "rotary" ... the fabrics being printed get fed around a heated drum/cylinder, so wouldn't be suitable for metals, or anything else hard/rigid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got you. Thought they might be able to be fed through at a slow speed rather than go around. Learn something new every day.