Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation not transfering image
    By sanelhen in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. Newbie issues with print not transfering
    By helen01234 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-11-2016, 06:19 AM
  3. Mug Press not transfering image
    By Oathius in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-12-2014, 12:46 PM
  4. UltraChrome K3 and heat transfering??
    By HayLou in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2014, 10:04 PM
  5. Mug Problems
    By quasar in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    I never had any success with the Forever subli light no cut method. It lasted exactly 1-2 washes, the powder method with polyamid powder was a bit better but also not that durable. Also the siser easy subli was not an option for me, it looked not sharp at all, i guess its optimized for the siser inks. Really pro looks on black shirts can only be achieved with DTG or screen print in my mind if you want pixel images like pictures, for Logos HTV is ok. Since i dont own a DTG printer or screen printing equipment i try to use sublimation more and more often because its just so much better compared to HTV. Thats why i use triblend shirts for my friends.

Edit: Im also not familar with the DTF hype and how long it will last but it looks expensive as well.
    Is triblend just a polycotton mix, I hardly ever sublimate onto them if so, it's rare I want a image that has a washed out faded look, even tried 80% polyester and it still was not good enough

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a polyester, Cotton and viscose mix, thats why it feels super soft and not cheap at all. I only use this now for my friends because if i am honest, you just couldnt achieve the wishes they had with HTV, most of them want pictures or complex graphics you just couldnt do with HTV and HTV will not last forever and after a wash it gets wrinkles, so you have to iron it and all that. i like the washed out retro look, has a quality look but i like clothes with used effect in general
    Last edited by Daninho; 05-09-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    I never had any success with the Forever subli light no cut method. It lasted exactly 1-2 washes, the powder method with polyamid powder was a bit better but also not that durable. Also the siser easy subli was not an option for me, it looked not sharp at all, i guess its optimized for the siser inks. Really pro looks on black shirts can only be achieved with DTG or screen print in my mind if you want pixel images like pictures, for Logos HTV is ok. Since i dont own a DTG printer or screen printing equipment i try to use sublimation more and more often because its just so much better compared to HTV. Thats why i use triblend shirts for my friends.

Edit: Im also not familar with the DTF hype and how long it will last but it looks expensive as well.
    I guess just depends on what each person is ok with, I only do clothing for myself and 100% polyester is horrid, I bought a hoodie which was super soft inside but outside you can tell it's polyester and not nice so I won't wear it

So I decided if I want a aged faded look I'd use a polycotton mix but everything else I am perfectly ok with transfer paper prints as texture wise they are just the same as when you buy tops from the shop and they have that slight texture to them, if you get good ones they last also, I've a hoodie with a design on which has been washed countless times and it's not faded or anything. I do only wash it at low temps but I do this with all my hoodies as usually I only wear them a couple of hrs when I am out.

It is a shame there is no good way to sublimate cotton though that was cheap and didn't Involve those sprays that do not really work