Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Bad customer service or just bad luck?
    By Coops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-02-2018, 10:44 PM
  2. TMT Customer Service 5*
    By ArferMo in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-08-2015, 02:40 PM
  3. Sunangel Customer Service
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 05:32 PM
  4. Customer service
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 08:49 PM
  5. Poor customer service
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 08:24 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality & Customer Service

I was wondering if others were having some of the same issues as me regarding quality of items & some poor customer service from suppliers.

I had been buying postal mug boxes from the same supplier because the quality was very good until the last batch I bought & that batch has to be some of the poorest quality postal mug boxes I have ever bought. So, I won't be buying anymore from that supplier who obviously doesn't keep a check on the quality of the items they are supplying.

Last week I bought some 10oz Durham mugs only to find the diameter of these mugs are slightly smaller than the usual mugs I buy & then found I cannot close my Adkins mug press enough to get a good even print on the mugs. I checked the dimensions of the recently bought mugs on the website which states these mugs are just 2mm less in diameter, but are too small for my mug press. Looks like I'm now stuck with a load of mugs I cannot press.

Last year I decided to buy a new mug press & saw one that I thought would be ideal for me. I called the company & told them I would like to buy a mug press, but they said they would have to call me back as they had to check stock to see if they had one. After several hours waiting for them to call me back I then called them again only to speak to someone else who said he would call me back as he had to check stock. Again there was no call back so, I called them back again & again they said they had to check stock first. In the end I decided to bite the bullet & buy an Adkins mug press from another company. The other supplier was the complete opposite to the first one who I had to keep calling back & I received my new Adkins mug press the next day.

My issue is that we seem to be getting palmed off with poor quality items when we think we are buying good quality items & also some suppliers who claim to be the better suppliers have some of the worst customer service there is. I for one is just sick & tired of being ripped off by these suppliers.
    Last edited by Ian M; 07-02-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the supplier?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the goods aren't up to spec send them back.

Many factories around the world have been on lockdown or short staffed for the last year, so suppliers have to take what they can get.

Suppliers are working with social distancing in place. The busy ones are struggling to keep up with orders. They are probably correct in prioritising customers who have bought and paid online over a random telephone enquiry that may or may not lead to a sale. I hate phone enquiries - they stop me working and most don't lead to a sale.

Throw some post partum Brexit delays into the mix and we are lucky to get anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who did you buy the mugs from? I might take them off you if they are of no use to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Ian M (09-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Try wrapping a thin silicone sheet around the mugs when pressing to take up the slack. Maybe you'll also need to up the time/temp a bit too.