Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coating types - help a newbie
    By AlanD in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 07:47 PM
  2. couple of quick p-cut questions, spares/servicing etc?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-10-2014, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  4. Couple of questions please :-)
    By North guy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-05-2013, 08:51 AM
  5. New to this and have a couple of questions....
    By pamelasplayroom in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-12-2010, 10:48 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of Newbie questions: sublimation coating, and more

Hello.

I was researching many days for sublimation on ceramic planters[https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...r-flower-vase]

And I finally purchased sawgrass printer, convection oven, sublimation coating liquid, sublimation shrink wrap, and mug presser.

At first, I poly-coated my ceramic planters, and cured in oven, and attached sublimation paper with a tape and wrap, apply heat by using heat gun, and put it in oven.

I tested various time and temp in oven.
    And I found that If I put it in oven 400F for 8 mins, it prints good. However shrink wrap attach to planter, and it is not easy to peel off. [plz check attached picture 4519]
    Less than 8mins, it is easy to peel off. However it didn't print good.
    Can you let me know if there is a way that I can avoid the issue?

Another problem that I found is that high temp tape left a yellow trace on the planter[Please check attached picture 4520]
    I found it is caused from the the poly-coating.
    I purchased the coating from Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Dyepress-Poly...2990522&sr=8-8

Can you let me know how can I use the tape without leaving the yellow trace on planter?
    I didn't use other poly coating yet. Does other poly coating make same issue?
    I purchased couple of silicon wrap. However the size of silicon is not good for planters that I have.

Because I had those issue with silicone wrap/shrink wrap and oven, I purchased mug presser.
    However I found that there is a gap between my planters and the pad like attached picture [4517]
    Can I put some thin fabric or substance in the gap to transfer heat all over the planter?
    Is there a technic or tip that I can use in the case?

By the way, I found that Sawgrass printer use too much ink.
    Even though I printed just couples pages, the display shows I used already 1/4 or 1/5 of ink already.
    I'm not sure amount of ink which I can check on LCD of the printer is accurate or not.
    I'm thinking to return Sawgrass printer and buy Epson printer if it use too much ink.
    And I can't find merit over Epson printer for now if Epson printer print good.
    Can you let me know what do you think?

If I can't find good way to sublimate on ceramic planters, then I think I need to go with Vinyl.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AslEdla; 10-02-2021 at 09:58 PM.