Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation Paper vs Plain Paper - surprising result!
    By Violetsub in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-09-2020, 01:15 PM
  2. Mug Types
    By raydavies in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2018, 11:18 AM
  3. Different types of mug.
    By TonyM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-04-2011, 09:40 PM
  4. Types of paper
    By TonyM in forum Printers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM
  5. Types of ink
    By TonyM in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Sublimation Paper different types

Currently using rolls of Truepix which has always been superb. That said I'm wondering if we can get good results from cheaper papers to help bring costs down.

Looking to try Texprint XPHR 105gsm and also Subli Print heavy and Subli Print Thermo, when Xpres have stocks.

Anyone using these papers currently that can give feedback?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends what your substrate is. We had the same thought last year as use truepix 24" rolls and bought others to try. We print mainly hard substrates with some textiles being totes and tea towels. Results with other papers were terrible compared to truepix. Fine detail completely lost. Kept other paper for door mats which do not need fine detail but stayed with truepix and realise you pay for quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the texprint xphr. Fantastic paper, very good blacks and rich colours onto fabric. The only reason I changed to s;race was because no one stocked it in A3+ ( although xpres do now).
    TBH I slightly prefer the s;race, even though the price is high. Strangely, it doesn't work out much cheaper to use rolls instead of sheets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For textile i cannot really comment but texprint xphr was the worse for fine detail we found but this was on hard substrates mind.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I found rolls of Coldenhove JetCol high speed to be the best paper, but I can get InkTec's paper so much cheaper I went with that. Not to say it's a bad paper, just colours aren't quite as good, and it doesn't take as much ink as well, so had to have racks for transfers to dry before using them when we used the 9600 printers, but now we have the HP Stitch which has the inbuilt heater to dry the transfers after printing, this isn't an issue - I suppose also with it being a heat process in the HP head to fire the inks, this probably helps too.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also on the look out for a cost effective sublimation roll paper. We have an excellent A4 paper from QP media which works really well on hard substrates but they do not offer a roll version.
    I've just tried Inktecs paper but the paper is so wet afterwards, with the ink taking an age to dry. I'm sure its fine for textiles where detail isn't so critical but its no good for hard substrates as the ink pools slightly due to the slow drying time and this gives slightly mottled print effect when pressed.

I'm starting to run out of options so any advice would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We tried Inktec and it was excellent for us. We've since been using Beaver XPHR Texprint which is superb. Also tested Epson DS which again worked very well on our printer.

Which printer are you using ICF?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    We tried Inktec and it was excellent for us. We've since been using Beaver XPHR Texprint which is superb. Also tested Epson DS which again worked very well on our printer.

Which printer are you using ICF?
    I have an Epson T5000 with inktec SubliNova Smart. Didn't consider Epson DS so I will look into this.
    I've tested Texprint XPHR in the past with success so I may order a roll of this also. Neil brothers sell the rolls of Texprint at a very good price but they have a high minimum order qty. I will wait until we need more mugs and then add it to our order.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If the ink is too much for the InkTec paper then you need to lower the amount of ink you are using.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ... One of the things I'm liking about the HP Stitch is that the ink comes out dry - not only using heat in the print head to fire the sublimation ink, but there is also a fan/heater drying off the ink/paper as it comes through.