Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Any one use a UV Mimaki UJF-3042FX Printer?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-05-2021, 10:01 PM
  2. Mimaki JV3 conversion
    By bili in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 12:33 PM
  3. Mimaki SB 52 Dye Sub Ink
    By seank in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-02-2015, 02:04 PM
  4. Mimaki CJV30-60
    By Jason in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2015, 10:22 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimaki and AMD Ryzen 7

I am having a new Mimaki CJV150 solvent printer installed in a few weeks time, and I have just ordered a new laptop with an amd ryzen 7 4700u chip which is arriving tomorrow.
    Just opened an email from the supplier saying that the rip software will only work on intel chip sets...

Is that true? Anybody used a Mimaki on a computer with an AMD chip?
    Can any one think of a reason why a quality chip will not run the rip software properly?

I can send the laptop back, but to get a similar spec (16gb ram/512gb ssd) with an intel i7 chip is another £300.
    Last edited by pw66; 24-02-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not been able to find any information on this.
    Hybrid Services (Mimaki UK distributor) were less than useless. Said they didn't know of any problems, claimed to never have heard of AMD Ryzen chips (!) - strange for a cutting edge tech company, but pointed out that the spec sheet specified 'Intel only' chipsets. ( That is the same spec sheet that talks about windows 98 o/s). Basically they had no inclination to find up to date information.
    Speaking to some software engineer friends it is probably a sign that the Rasterlink6 rip that comes with the Mimaki is based on some very old code. Not that that should impact on the quality of the rip.

Luckily when I bought the AMD laptop from the HP site I didn't fall into the trap of ticking the 'business user' box at check out, so I could return it.
    Massive price hike. The AMD powered HP ProBook 455 cost £802. To get the same spec (16gb/512ssd) with a 10th gen i7 chip meant an upgrade to a HP Z Book Power G7 costing £1390(!). Luckily the missus had a 'Blue Light' card for keyworkers and I got it for £1180, 15% off, but still way more than I thought I needed to spend. There was very little worthwhile with a 15" screen available for much less.
    Apparently every thing from mid-price upwards has been selling out by the day, due to the amount of home working/schooling at the moment.

Nice laptop though. Hope it lasts as long as my previous HP Pavilions have.
    Last edited by pw66; 05-03-2021 at 12:19 PM.