Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Samples - do you charge for them?
    By Skye in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-11-2018, 09:28 AM
  2. What would you charge?
    By Stitch Up in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 06:03 PM
  3. How much would you charge for?
    By Kaz in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 10:11 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to charge for 500 in qty Hi Vis Jackets

Big company wanted a quote for 500 Hi VIS jackets printed .And if I do a good job We can get their future business too . I really dont know how to give a quote for this many .Do you guys have a magic formula to calculate prices ?. Specially if its a trade deal like this how do you charge for bulk qtys ?. Thanks in advance .

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I never offer an opinion on price threads as I feel it is something that only you can decide. Suffice to say, some people on here are happy with £10 per hour profit, others want £50. For some, they are operating out of their spare room so overheads tend to be lower, etc. etc. etc. etc.

However, as someone who prints on average 500 vests per week I will offer the following:

Are you dye sub or is it a colour image as that will obviously affect the price.

If it is one colour have you considered screen print and sub contracting?

Make sure you can get hold of the vests. Supplies from the better suppliers with better prices have been low of late and on a couple of occasions I have struggled to get the garments at my usual price.

I have separate machines for hi vis as the dye gets everywhere. If you are using your usual heat press be very careful.

You have said it is a trade deal, bear in mind that trade printers are considerably cheaper than what you probably think :-)

Hope the above helps.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Justin (25-02-2021), Ravisteam (25-02-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I never offer an opinion on price threads as I feel it is something that only you can decide. Suffice to say, some people on here are happy with £10 per hour profit, others want £50. For some, they are operating out of their spare room so overheads tend to be lower, etc. etc. etc. etc.

However, as someone who prints on average 500 vests per week I will offer the following:

Are you dye sub or is it a colour image as that will obviously affect the price.

If it is one colour have you considered screen print and sub contracting?

Make sure you can get hold of the vests. Supplies from the better suppliers with better prices have been low of late and on a couple of occasions I have struggled to get the garments at my usual price.

I have separate machines for hi vis as the dye gets everywhere. If you are using your usual heat press be very careful.

You have said it is a trade deal, bear in mind that trade printers are considerably cheaper than what you probably think :-)

Hope the above helps.
    Thanks for your valuable info Simon . Its a 3 colour job I have done a sublimation sample (Colours are little out but not that bad ) if they like it it will be sublimated .If not I will have to go through Screen print or vinyl option . What sort of a profit margin you do for trade ?. (% vise after all the costs add up) .

And also if you dont mind sharing what are the secrets of sublimating a Hi-Vis ? what to consider so you don't get inks everywhere ?. Thanks again

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In terms of printing, you might want to consider T-ONE if you have a white OKI. They press at 140 for five with a 10 second after press. This means you can fly through the jackets with less time.

I'm afraid I can not offer advice on secrets of sublimating, only because I have dedicated presses for hi vis sublimation. These are only ever used for hi vis so I have not needed to cover the platen or consider dye migration. All I know is that the dye from the vest will migrate and will end up on your platen. The next white garment you print after finishing the vests will most likely come out yellow :-)

In terms of profit margins, again, without sounding rude, only you can answer this. As you have already mentioned, it could lead to more work. A long term rolling contract will be worth more to you than a one off job so you might want to reduce your profit to take this into consideration.

I will say that you can pick up printed vests online for sub £3.50 these days, if your client is doing their due diligence then they will also know this.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (01-03-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    What sort of a profit margin you do for trade ?. (% vise after all the costs add up) .
    I don't offer much discount on the print prices for trade screen printing or sublimation- maybe 10% and free screens for volume or repeats.
    If the customer is a genuine trade customer I will let them supply the blank garments. That means they can earn the mark up on the garment and stick a bit of profit on the printing.
    It means I don't have to lay out any upfront money for stock, but still earn well on the printing. They have all of the aggrevation of dealing with the customer and ordering.
    Works well for both parties.

Vinyl pay full printing price because of the time taken.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (01-03-2021)