Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts

Similar Threads

1. Thinking of buying a sub printer
    By paul 44 in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-10-2015, 01:03 PM
  2. Buying a new Printer
    By Earl Smith in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 10:37 PM
  3. buying printer
    By scottenti in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
  4. Epson D120 printer with new cis tanks and ink "SOLD"
    By silvia95 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 09:47 PM
  5. Epson 1400 Printer For Sale, GOING...GONE! NOW SOLD
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-10-2009, 10:10 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help buying an epson printer, but all sold out!

Hi all, I used to do sublimation in 2007-2014, not big amounts about 50 mugs, few cushions, t shirts and a few other items, things have really changed, one good thing is no more forced to use sawgrass.
    I ideally wanted an A3, 6 colour printer and after reading up on this site, the L1800 is highly recommended and I could get one for just under £500, but me being me and wanting to be sure, kept on reading and researching, but now can't get one, and struggling to get ANY Epson A3 printer with 6 colours.
    so considering getting an A4 printer for now and upgrade later, so starting reading up on the L805, that this site highly recommends, but to be honest I think I'm just wasting my money as A4 is not what I really want, but now totally stuck as to what to get.
    I would really like to find a new Epson A3, 6 colour printer, at reasonable price, but really struggling, also if I did find one, looks like I'm gonna struggle getting inks, as would love to buy from ink experts as they are highly rated and seem lovely guys on here (mainly Alex's posts I've read, seems really helpful), and also you get ICC profile which I've never had before and want to do it properly this time round.
    I've looked at ink experts and they are only selling Epson A3, 4 colour, so don't really want to waste their time, which gutted as would prefer to buy from them due to the excellent support you get and able to get the inks, so please help, what does anyone recommend to do, I wont hold you to it lol, just another persons perspective would be great, as I have that many printer names running through my head and prices and dead ends, it's driving me mad lol.
    Do I keep searching independently for an A3, 6 Colour printer?, but getting the inks is worrying me, even if I do find one, or do I get an Epson A4, 6 colour printer temporarily, or buy the L15000 from ink experts (as its a brilliant price, and the support seems excellent) even though it a 4 colour printer?, as wanted to do mugs etc so wanted more colour spectrum than 4, as people have said you tend to see a difference on the mugs with only 4 colours, any advice or help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Pauline7015; 28-02-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not being nasty, but might I politely suggest that you may get some replies if you edit your post and put in some paragraphs? I find a "wall of text" too uncomfortable to be bothered about wading through.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raydavies For This Useful Post:

Pauline7015 (28-02-2021), UK Printed Mugs (26-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't get a L1800 for under £500. They are not officially sold in the UK (by Epson). The only realistic ways to get them is to buy one from Eastern Europe, via Alza UK for £542 + shipping (now plus whatever post brexit charges that apply) or to get one set up for sublimation from someone like Ink Experts at about £700 ( includes sub ink and profiles etc).
    Either way works out about the same price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Pauline7015 (28-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any imports will be subject to VAT as well and I think Ink Experts include VAT in their prices.

Much better to buy in the UK where you can pick up the phone and talk to an English speaker or turn up on the doorstep if you have problems.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaD For This Useful Post:

Pauline7015 (28-02-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray, thank you, you wasn't being nasty at all, I'm glad you mentioned it, as I hate reading a wall of text when my daughter sends it me lol.
    its my first time on any forum and for some stupid reason I thought you had to fit in it so many characters like you do on text, don't know why, as I can clearly see everyone else using paragraphs etc. so thank you so much for informing me, I really appreciate it. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for replying, I really do appreciate it and love how this site is so helpful.
    I don't mind paying the extra, I expect it be fair, and as stated I would prefer to buy of ink experts, but my dilemma is they don't have the L1800 in stock, they only have L15000 which as you will know its only 4 colour, and as I'll be doing mugs, people say their is a difference, (I only had a 6 colour before, so don't know what a 4 colour will look like when printed).
    So wondering, do I get the A4 because it has 6 colours as a temporary or buy the
    L15000 that is only 4 colours?
    Because I've no experience with 4 colours, I don't want to be highly disappointed. I think over the weekend I definitely decided ink experts is the way to go, but unsure which one to buy.
    Because my mum as been at me for some time about starting up again, I was slowly buying all the blanks, so I have all them ready to go, and I bought different size elements from signzworld a while ago, for my machine to do different typed of mugs, as before only ever done the 110z ones, where want to try more this time, so only thing holding me up, is deciding on which printer 4 colour or 6 colour.
    Last edited by Pauline7015; 28-02-2021 at 05:12 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pauline7015 For This Useful Post:

raydavies (01-03-2021)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why not ask Ink Experts for a sample print of an A4 6 colour and A3 4 colour for you to press and take a look at?
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pauline, The L1800 looks to be back in, we gave up on waiting for it. We eventually went with the 14000. We found after having an art printer that uses 8 colours for our art prints we are still impressed with the colour on the 14000 still - especially since it's 4 colour, so am happy with the choice. https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/product...-ink-a3-paper/