Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Rookie error
    By Spitzy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 01:53 PM
  2. Rookie In Need
    By rgarner in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 11:30 AM
  3. German Subli Rookie :D
    By Rockstar in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-05-2014, 06:57 PM
  4. Rookie Mistake!
    By Dave271069 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM
  5. Rookie Error...
    By Russ in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 11:58 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Rookie here with a few questions...

Good Evening all,

I'm Lauren and I'm new here. I have a fairly new business venture selling home accessories and gifts and have decided to also get into sublimation, I'm looking forward to learning the art of it but wondered if anyone could help with some starting points.

Do I need to use parchment paper/butchers paper to line my substrates to protect the heat presses? Do you change this every time?

Do I also need silicone mats for certain items (glass, ceramics or slate?)

I've searched through this group but could anyone point me in the right direction for finding out what mug attachments fit different items (e.g. bowling pin 'chilly style' water bottles, glass mason jars, water bottles)? I'm trying to keep costs down, so don't want to purchase every mug attachment if I don't have to -what are the most versatile mug attachment sizes?

Thanks, any guidance appreciated - I'm a complete rookie!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Lauren and welcome. To answer some of your questions and in my view. Parchment / butcher paper most people use once and throw away. I personally us a teflon sheet as they are reusable, but i do also rotate between 2 or 3 sheets.

Silicone mats for certain items yes, but an old towel folded several times or an old mouse mat works just as well.

As for mug attachments. Most mug presses come with the standard 11oz attachment. but you can also get latte, 6oz, 12oz ans 17oz attachments to name a few. So depends what you size the item is your going to press. I personally do jars and bottles that fit in my 11oz attachment.

Hope that helps.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very helpful, and practical advise re the tea towel, because quite honestly I have a ridiculous amount of those hanging around so that sounds more appealing than purchasing endless items!
    I'm still a bit lost knowing what items will fit into what attachment, as suppliers don't tend to offer any guidance on that which is frustrating. Thanks for your advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lauren, If you are looking for a Mug Press, you may find it useful to choose a press that is sized to do the single size of mugs, jars or bottles that you want to start of with, ensuring that other size elements are available from the same supplier to buy at a later date. Not all mug presses have a range of different sized element easily available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I'm definitely trying to keep it simple and look for items that will fit the 11oz attachment coming as standard, although I've added a 12oz latte attachment for ceramic flower pots as I hope they could make make up brush holders.