Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Heat Press, Mug Press, Cap Press, Small Press, Tshirts,LOCAL PICK UP ONLY DUNFERMLINE
    By Tricia in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-07-2020, 11:31 PM
  2. Schulze Bluepressline 4 vs Blizzard convection oven
    By gazfocus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-05-2020, 06:39 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM
  4. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  5. Schulze (Blue-Line) 4-way press / get what you pay for?
    By Postcard in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 04:53 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schulze Mug15-Turbo Press

Hi

Is anyone on here running one of these and if so, how are you getting on with it?

Would like some "real world" feedback of using one day in day out......

Regards
    Gary

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We’ve looked at these as well as the Schulze Blueline Mug4 Presses. Not got any experience with one so will be keeping my eyes peeled on this thread but I can see it having the exact same limitations as regular mug presses.

Schulze replacement heat elements are also quite expensive at £120 each (inc vat), so when all 15 are needing replacing, it could be a big outlay.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I "think" I was quoted something like 1000 presses from an element, so I'm not too worried about that (although obviously not ideal!).

I'm more concerned about breakdowns, practical issues with running, actual production speeds. We have run ovens for years but the waste is sometimes very irritating and time consuming to resolve (most of our mugs are personalised, so we end up having to go around the loop and print specific make-ups which is time consuming). The presses tend to be more consistent (in my experience anyway) and I'm also looking for a solution that I can have run by inexperienced temp staff and the a machine like this lends itself to that (or at least I'm hoping it does).

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garysub View Post
    Yeah, I "think" I was quoted something like 1000 presses from an element, so I'm not too worried about that (although obviously not ideal!).

I'm more concerned about breakdowns, practical issues with running, actual production speeds. We have run ovens for years but the waste is sometimes very irritating and time consuming to resolve (most of our mugs are personalised, so we end up having to go around the loop and print specific make-ups which is time consuming). The presses tend to be more consistent (in my experience anyway) and I'm also looking for a solution that I can have run by inexperienced temp staff and the a machine like this lends itself to that (or at least I'm hoping it does).
    Yeah, 1,000 presses per element works out more expensive than silicone wraps generally but definitely feel your frustration. At 120 mugs an hour (the quoted capacity), you’d be replacing the elements at least once a month if you ran it for 5 or 6 hours a day.

We print around 400-600 mugs a day and majority of our mugs are bulk prints. We do about 30-100 individual orders some days and it’s Sod’s law that when things go wrong it’s the individual orders that, as you say, take longer to re-print.

We use 3 BC01 ovens and get 144 mugs in just over an hour. We’ve also just bought 3 of the new Galaxy Mug Air 4 Presses (the new model that has a heating pad to heat the bottom of the mugs) so will be playing with those over the next week or so.

For quality of print, I don’t think you can beat ovens, but I do get the benefit of the Schulze as that’s the exact reason we have looked at it.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to hear your experiences of using the Galaxy Mug Air 4. A few of those would be infinitely cheaper than the Turbo-15 for similar volumes and skill level to operate. I don't need to make a decision for months as our work is crazy seasonal so I've time to wait for a review... ;)

I agree on the ovens, better colours and, at volume, easier to operate. We use a couple of large "lab ovens". Some days we get 2-3 "duffs" and some days we might get "40" - crazy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get much gassing on ovens? Often used to get discolouration of exposed white parts. I think that 15 auto press is over engineered considering cost against benefit. Time saving is small when Iooked at it and elements would be costly. There is no need to be at that price.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andrew. We've never had a problem with gassing on our wraps/ovens.

Can't help but agree that the Turbo 15 seems very expensive for what it is (it's really just 15 mug presses inside something much like a CNC machine with a software controller). But like everyone I just want a setup that "works" and produces minimal waste (perhaps that's just wishful thinking with subbing mugs!).

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Schulze Mug15-Turbo Press

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Do you get much gassing on ovens? Often used to get discolouration of exposed white parts. I think that 15 auto press is over engineered considering cost against benefit. Time saving is small when Iooked at it and elements would be costly. There is no need to be at that price.
    We only experience gassing on certain designs with a lot of colour (blue mostly) so we only do those on mug presses now. We don’t get it on most of the mugs we print.

Considering the Schulze 4 mug press is £1,050, I do kinda agree that the price is excessive, especially as the actual mug press component will be the same as their 4 mug press, but you’re buying into a complete solution that pre heats the mug first, then cools the mug at the end. Is that worth £30k? I didn’t think so but I definitely see the advantages.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can lift 15 mugs out of the oven in about 5 seconds. This does it one by one and takes forever. I can get an extra 2 cm printing width. And can add a wrap in seconds and with more accuracy than the machine..which can't centre it up properly. What the hell use is this machine? Buy 50 ovens and wraps instead for the same money.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 16-03-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does have some advantages, but they are slight for the price. A single (unskilled) operator can run 200+ mugs an hour including removing the papers after printing. I don't believe a single operator can wrap and unwrap 200 in that time as well as getting them into and out of an oven also allowing for the time for the oven to regain it's temperature. We run two large lab ovens at the moment from which we get about 100 an hour out. There's some "spare time" but not enough to run twice as many ovens. At peak times we need to be able to shift 1,400 a day and that's quite tough with ovens. Not impossible, but tough. We have also had some irritating "duffs" in the ovens which, because all of our mugs are personalised, means timely and problematic reprints. I agree at £30k it's expensive for some of these benefits but it's not without use.