Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson SC-F500
    By Andysam26467 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM
  2. Anyone know whats causing this? quality issues
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
  3. Mug Quality issues - anyone else noticed a decline?
    By arthur.daley in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 11:10 PM
  4. Printing quality issues
    By Oaten in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Gary. We have been in this print game for 8 years chap but thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Hello Gary. We have been in this print game for 8 years chap but thank you.
    Hello UK Printed Mugs. We have been in this print game for 21 years chap, done professional photography for multinational companies, Oxbridge universities and exhibit photographic products in galleries across the UK but thank you. Don't condescend me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Let's keep this civil folks, thank you.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I was going to chime in with a "perhaps you are being a bit too fussy etc. etc." then I saw the word "artists" and "customers" and now my reaction is Good luck :-)
    I have realised the same thing . Printing for photographers and artists seems to be a different ball game , I am struggling to match just normal customers pictures etc and frustrated with custom icc profiles .Tried many printers with inkteck inks . P800, 4800, 7880 (I was expecting top results from these as they are 8 colour printers and wanted to be better than our 1500W ) .But realised 1500W cannot be beaten with price and the colour accuracy for anything you need , hard or soft.
    I see Ollie and Justin also trying different printers and but there is no perfect answer . I think what GoonerGary is saying is kind a true ,printing for photographers and artists we may have to have dedicated colour matched printers and monitors per person (or icc profiles ) as all the variables can change with the individual . Simmons comment with " Good luck "proves that lol .
    Still didn’t check the p800 with Ollie’s icc and didn’t check the Epson FC500 either .But I thought I will keep the 1500W for heard sub straight for now .And for sure I will buy a profile maker and try myself as I cannot trust the guys done profiles so far as none of them are not even matching the 1500w results .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravisteam For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (04-07-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Uhm, photographers and artists. Just don't get me started, customers in general are a nuisance lol but photographers.....
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

pw66 (05-07-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When dealing with photographers I used to send them the ICC to view their images in photo shop, plus ask what they were using to profile their screen and how often they did it. I did this before I did work for them. It sorted a huge amount of issues out. Those that understood profiles were the best customers. Those that didn't......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My bad. I can be VERY sarcastic when stressed / not stressed / need coffee / do not need coffee. Love at you all. But the saga obviously continues. Basically we have a very expensive 99% RGB calibrated monitor and the prints from the SG400 with the custom ICC are spot on and have kept artists happy for many years but we cannot continue with this printer if it breaks as of course many years old thus trying to find a replacement which is very difficult as everything we are trying is not matching well. Our 7800 and P800 are spot on but these are used for other substrates and we do not want to go back to cutting paper down from A4/A3/Roll so needing A4 printer which can take mug paper. We will of course share any findings and hopefully InkExperts can come up trumps with the new 8500 later in month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the F500 for about 10 months. We had to upgrade to the Edge rip to get the best results, which is only acceptable and we still have to run the sawgrass SG500 for certain jobs. A few weeks ago, a message came up that certain parts were coming to the end of its life. Having spoken to Epson, we are told that we have used the printer too much and it is not designed for busy production environment. The upshot is, a repair bill of £900.00. Our supplier has been trying to get answers as to the recommended monthly use on this printer, as nothing is mentioned in any of the sales literature.

Bottom line. Do consider the cost of the printer and the low running costs and the unexpected high repair costs. Further more, due to our so called high usage the warranty is not longer valid. Just so please we did not take the extended warranty out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moocowstudios For This Useful Post:

pw66 (03-09-2021), UK Printed Mugs (03-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems extraordinary that they are basically saying the Epson F500 is not for commercial use.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

pw66 (03-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have a word with trading standards on that. It’s clearly not a personal use printer and it’s not being advertised as that either. There’s no mention that parts can reach end of life in the maintenance section of the manual.

I have F500 and F501 and luckily nothing came up yet and it works perfect now I have Edge. Out of curiosity what parts did it say that came to end of life? Just so I’m prepared ����