Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson SC-F500
    By Andysam26467 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM
  2. Anyone know whats causing this? quality issues
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
  3. Mug Quality issues - anyone else noticed a decline?
    By arthur.daley in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 11:10 PM
  4. Printing quality issues
    By Oaten in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EPSON SC-F100 & SC-F500 quality issues

Hello,

A couple of days ago I got both the EPSON SC-F100 & SC-F500, previously I was using an EPSON L1800 with Sublinova inks and InkExperts ICC profiles, so that is what I'm comparing them to.

My findings so far is that the print quality I'm getting on hard substrates from both the SC-F100 & SC-F500 is completely unacceptable and isn't really of a sellable quality.

I've attached a photo to this post showing the exact same file printed on the exact same paper, on the left print is the SC-F100 and on the right print is the L1800. You should be able to see that edges of the rainbow on the left are not smooth, and are filled with what looks like tiny dots, these are visible after pressing and makes the transfer appear grainy.

I have tried 3 different papers, EPSON DS General, InkExperts Style & S-RACE 120 all produce the same results when printed from either the SC-F100 & SC-F500. I've tried both of the included EPSON ICC profiles (Rigid/Textile) as well all the different quality settings and the results the same.

Has anyone else had similar experience with either of these printers? I'm thinking this can't be right, surely I'm missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen and heard you won't get comparable print quality with the L1800. For a start you're only using 4 colours but the larger Epsons don't seem to have the same quality at all. I'm actually awaiting test prints from a supplier for comparison of larger machines.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using a SC-F500 with trupix paper and getting clean sharp prints using the rigid profile.
    If you want to send me your file for the rainbow I'll print it here. If mine prints ok it might be worth changing your paper.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msub View Post
    I'm using a SC-F500 with trupix paper and getting clean sharp prints using the rigid profile.
    If you want to send me your file for the rainbow I'll print it here. If mine prints ok it might be worth changing your paper.
    Thanks so much, I have sent it over via PM.

I've actually just got some TruPix on a 17" roll today, haven't printed anything on it yet though should be trying it out later.

I have raised a support ticket with EPSON and they are looking into it for me as well so I will let you know what they come back with.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen and heard you won't get comparable print quality with the L1800. For a start you're only using 4 colours but the larger Epsons don't seem to have the same quality at all. I'm actually awaiting test prints from a supplier for comparison of larger machines.
    Yeah I can see that the colours might suffer a bit being only a 4 colour, but I wasn't expecting a noticeable quality drop to the point where it's useless for mugs. The F100 is a smaller machine than the L1800 and I think I heard somewhere it's basically a ET2700 with a ET15000 head.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 6593Attachment 6594

That's the example that I sent over to EPSON just now of print out from the SC-100 and a transfer onto a mug.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc1312 View Post
    Thanks so much, I have sent it over via PM.

I've actually just got some TruPix on a 17" roll today, haven't printed anything on it yet though should be trying it out later.

I have raised a support ticket with EPSON and they are looking into it for me as well so I will let you know what they come back with.
    DSC_3030.jpgFC500 settings.jpg

Print out from my SC-F500 using trupix paper. Settings I'm currently printing coasters and aluminium signs with.
    I'd say the rainbow looks similar, maybe slightly sharper?, to your SC-F500 print but the black text looks more like your EPSON L1800 print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is your Epson printer using a plain paper setting or a low quality photo setting in your profile? This will result in low quality images.

Also check for blockages in your black or head alignment issues.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msub View Post
    DSC_3030.jpgFC500 settings.jpg

Print out from my SC-F500 using trupix paper. Settings I'm currently printing coasters and aluminium signs with.
    I'd say the rainbow looks similar, maybe slightly sharper?, to your SC-F500 print but the black text looks more like your EPSON L1800 print.
    Thanks for doing that, doesn't look that much different to mine really I don't think.

Do you not set the ICC profile within Photoshop? I think if you leave it on simple settings and standard there is ICM colour profile matching still enabled within the driver.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Is your Epson printer using a plain paper setting or a low quality photo setting in your profile? This will result in low quality images.

Also check for blockages in your black or head alignment issues.
    Thanks, on the SC-F100/F500 there is only two paper types in the driver both of them Epson DS papers so I can't select plain paper. I've run media adjust a couple of times and well a nozzle checks which come out fine.