Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson SC-F500
    By Andysam26467 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM
  2. Anyone know whats causing this? quality issues
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
  3. Mug Quality issues - anyone else noticed a decline?
    By arthur.daley in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 11:10 PM
  4. Printing quality issues
    By Oaten in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Seems extraordinary that they are basically saying the Epson F500 is not for commercial use.
    It is disgusting.
    Shows how little Epson understands the end users requirements. They have taken an entry level workgroup/plan/POS printer, stuck some ecotanks on it and converted it to a sublimation printer.
    They don't seem to comprehend that anyone spending £2k on a sub printer is likely to need to produce some serious volumes to make the thing earn its keep.

I had high hopes when Epson entered the sublimation market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 1000 error which is dampers and 4000 which is ink lines. We only use a3 and a4 paper in it and when the error popped up, we had a page count of 18208.
    This is the one line reply from Epson:-
    "Yes from the usage report this would be considered heavy usage and it would be normal for this part to need replacing at this point. We have now confirmed what the cost would be for this repair for the customer. Would you like us to send this quote to you or send the quote directly through to the customer regarding this?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowstudios View Post
    We only use a3 and a4 paper in it and when the error popped up, we had a page count of 18208.

That is the equivelent of 2500 linear meters of 60cm paper - 100 x 25m rolls. High, but hardly ripping the arse out of it.
    On that basis you need to add £1 per metre to your costing just to cover the machine.

Considering the 1 year warrenty, that means that you can only print two 25 metre rolls a week (sixty A1 prints)!!!! That means you can only use it to print 12 A1 prints per day.
    At the advertised print speeds of 70 secs per A1 print that means you can only use your £2k printer for 14 minutes per day!!!!

Using small sheets only has probably racked the page count up to your detriment, and could have added to the wear and tear of the dampers.
    Even so I would be having a scream up about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Paul (05-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all in hand with the supplier. They are really unhappy as they are not looking forward to other customers coming back to them, when they reach the count vale we have.
    We also have the F100 and its not used, as we cant get the colours right and its not compatible with the Edge rip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just like to come back in and update the thread again, as unfortunately I've been through the same as moocowstudios.

In the middle of July we got a message on our F500 saying that parts were nearing the end of service life, so I contacted EPSON and got told we had used the printer too much and the only option was an out of warranty repair. I was shocked as it was only 5 months old, and I haven't even replaced the user serviceable cutter blade yet (we have only print off the roll for 90% of jobs).

The part that had reached the end of life was the ink tubes, which apparently have a user serviceable life of 1.2m total CRs.

It cost £350 + VAT (£420) for a "Fixed price repair", EPSON sent a box of parts and a week later and engineer came to site and replaced the entire ink system, everything including the ink tanks all the way to the print head (including the actual ink tanks and print head, and took him half a day).

It's back to normal and all working again, but I'm honestly shocked that non user serviceable parts have such a short life on this printer. I'm so glad I never went for the extended warranty as it wouldn't have been covered by this either as it's not considered a fault.

It's really misleading of EPSON to not publish the "serviceable life" of these printers when it's possible to reach it in such a short amount of time. It's definitely something you need to consider when calculating the running costs of these printers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the market for one of these printers, glad I came across this thread, sorry to hear about the problems folks have had with theirs. I feel investing in this printer would be risky for me as I was planning on doing A2 sublimation prints, so kinda wary spending £2200 on one. I did actually consider buying/converting an Epson SC-T2100 which is similar to the SC-f500 minus the eco tanks, been looking for empty refillable cartridges but cannot find them online, even tried Alixpress but to no avail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GerryG;149281 I did actually consider buying/converting an Epson SC-T2100 which is similar to the SC-f500 minus the eco tanks, been looking for empty refillable cartridges but cannot find them online, even tried Alixpress but to no avail.[/QUOTE]
    That is the root of the problem. The f500 is based on a relatively inexpensive entry level workgroup printer. Don't be fooled by the premium eco tank price tag -it is still just a cheapy underneath.

I spent a couple of days looking for refillable carts for the SC-T range, but couldn't find anything so I ruled out the move to a 24" printer for now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

GerryG (16-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep looking from time to time, something may pop up in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest update from Epson, is the SC F500 is an entry level printer. At the time of purchase this information was not available from Epson, it is something relatively new they have added to the marketing blerb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowstudios View Post
    The latest update from Epson, is the SC F500 is an entry level printer. At the time of purchase this information was not available from Epson, it is something relatively new they have added to the marketing blerb.
    Entry level?, my God, regardless entry level or not they should at least know many customers buying the printer many will use this potentially for business use purposes, regardless, if it has a one year warranty they should at least honour this. I'd be reporting this to Trading Standards if anything, see where you go from there.

Also, doesn't Section 75 cover you if you've paid by credit card, assuming folks have used a credit card, I don't know if retail/business finance would cover this, but maybe worth checking it out. This may be of some interest to some: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Last edited by GerryG; 16-09-2021 at 04:56 PM.