Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson SC-F500
    By Andysam26467 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM
  2. Anyone know whats causing this? quality issues
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
  3. Mug Quality issues - anyone else noticed a decline?
    By arthur.daley in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 11:10 PM
  4. Printing quality issues
    By Oaten in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a mistake to under estimate the quality of the L1800. It's lineage goes back through the 1500w/1430 Artisan/1400/1390 - probably further. It has been the 'go to' mainstay of the small format (non sawgrass) sublimation industry for well over a decade It is a very good 'pro-sumar' photo printer.

The F100 is likely to be based on an home/office printer. The F500 is based on the SC-T3100 series with some eco tanks and some sublimation drivers (and an extra £1k) stuck on the side. it is a good printer, but it is only based on a plotter/plan printer, not a photo printer.

Inktec Sublinova is very good ink.

Not that any of that helps you with your situation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree, the L1800 is a fantastic printer. The only reasons I was looking to replace it was because it was becoming a pain swapping the paper over constantly and we found ourselves waiting on the printer during busy days. I also had a nightmare that if the printer failed when we were busy it would really hurt us not having a spare on to fall back on.

Decided to buy into the whole EPSON "end to end" solution, liked the idea of EPSON made ICC profiles, ink and a warranty. The original plan was to use the F500 which is faster for fabric items and the F100 for mugs/ceramics, with the L1800 as a backup if either developed issues (still planned on using it daily to keep the ink flowing).

The F500 is very good with fabric, the quality issue isn't noticeable once it's applied to fabric and the colours come out great. It still hurts that it cost us over almost 2k and I can't even print a mug that's sellable quality. As for the F100, if EPSON come back to me saying it is what it is, and that's the quality then I'll be trying to get the supplier to take it back.

I'll come back and update the thread with what EPSON say.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrc1312 For This Useful Post:

pw66 (17-03-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc1312 View Post
    Thanks for doing that, doesn't look that much different to mine really I don't think.

Do you not set the ICC profile within Photoshop? I think if you leave it on simple settings and standard there is ICM colour profile matching still enabled within the driver.
    I let printer manage colour in photoshop. Matching the exact colour is not critical to me so this works well.sc500 settings.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc1312 View Post
    The only reasons I was looking to replace it was because it was becoming a pain swapping the paper over constantly and we found ourselves waiting on the printer during busy days. I also had a nightmare that if the printer failed when we were busy it would really hurt us not having a spare on to fall back on.
    I run multiple Epson 1500w and an L1800 printers to get around the print bottleneck. I am down to my last two 1500w at the moment - I usually get 2 -3 yrs out of them and for printing garments A3+ is the perfect size.
    At £200 each the 1500w made sense. Now that the replacement eco tank L1800 are £750 a pop the numbers are not quite so straight forward... two of them come in at nearly the price of an F500!
    I am facing a dilema as to what to use going forward. I like the sublinova ink. Another factor is the printheads being used. Epsons' reputation (for sublimation use) is based on the DX micro piezo printheads. Now they are switching to Precisoncore printheads for their newer models - which are cheaper to produce - will the printhead life be the same?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    I run multiple Epson 1500w and an L1800 printers to get around the print bottleneck. I am down to my last two 1500w at the moment - I usually get 2 -3 yrs out of them and for printing garments A3+ is the perfect size.
    At £200 each the 1500w made sense. Now that the replacement eco tank L1800 are £750 a pop the numbers are not quite so straight forward... two of them come in at nearly the price of an F500!
    I am facing a dilema as to what to use going forward. I like the sublinova ink. Another factor is the printheads being used. Epsons' reputation (for sublimation use) is based on the DX micro piezo printheads. Now they are switching to Precisoncore printheads for their newer models - which are cheaper to produce - will the printhead life be the same?
    Yes, I wish I just got another L1800 instead.

The screen and connectivity of the F500 is nice to have, as is the speed but the at the cost of being able to use it for anything that requires finer detail it seems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had an update from EPSON, they are sending an engineer out to look at both printers on Monday.

For anyone interested below is the document that I sent to EPSON with all their requested information and tests.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link...b-6d3226392ac7

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrc1312 For This Useful Post:

msub (19-03-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I must say I wouldn't be very happy with that either. I hope it's a setting problem and all turns out beautiful.

Janners.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something definitely looks off with both your F100 and F500. As has been said, the F100 is based on the ET2700 so will be lower quality, however, until recently we were using the ET2750 with Sublinova Inks for a couple of years and the quality has always been really sharp.

We've actually just upgraded to an Epson ET5800 (specifically for the increased paper capacity), and despite being a £700+ printer have noticed a drop in quality over the ET2750.

It's also worth remembering that the Ecotank printers are essentially dirt cheap printers with an expensive CISS attached. Our new printer for example, the ET5800, is on Amazon for £769. The WF-4830DTWF which it is based on is £189, so it's carrying a £600 premium for the convenience of being an Ecotank printer.
    Last edited by gazfocus; 19-03-2021 at 01:45 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gazfocus For This Useful Post:

pw66 (19-03-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how that works out. I am in a dilema as to what to replace my 1500w printers with. If it works well, the F500 is only 2.5 times the price of the L1800. Wider than I need, but on the plus side I will be able to use thermal adhesive paper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The level 2 EPSON engineer came round this morning and had a look at both printers. The first thing he said is you can't compare either of them to the L1800 which is a photo printer with completely different dot mapping (fair enough).

Together we did quite a few test prints, he was printing from his laptop in Windows Photo Viewer (with no ICC) and getting slightly better results but obviously the colours aren't accurate. After testing with some other images, it became apparent that regardless of how or where you print from it's the light colours/pastel colours on both of printers that the printers struggle with.

He's taken a few test prints away as well as a few pressed mugs and is going to escalate it to level 3.

I've also done my own testing over the weekend with a Digital Factory RIP trial, which bypasses the driver and can replicate the same issues, so it's looking more and more like the quality is what it is, but I will wait and see what they come back with.

I think that unless EPSON do some testing on their end and find it's firmware issue then I think the quality is what it is.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrc1312 For This Useful Post:

JMugs (23-03-2021), Justin (22-03-2021), msub (25-03-2021), pw66 (26-03-2021)