Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson SC-F500
    By Andysam26467 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM
  2. Anyone know whats causing this? quality issues
    By carolm1a in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
  3. Mug Quality issues - anyone else noticed a decline?
    By arthur.daley in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 11:10 PM
  4. Printing quality issues
    By Oaten in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We personally use inkforinkjet inks in our ecotanks but I’m aware some don’t like Ken.
    Perhaps if he stopped telling lies then people might think differently, but when he makes false claims about suing people (he never has), or that he manufactures his own ink (he doesn't) or any other false rhetoric that he pumps out then he does kind of get what he deserves. I am glad the ink is working out for you, I did try it many years ago and it was hopeless, perhaps he has switched Korean supplier ;-)

Back on topic, UK PRINTED MUGS why not get a dedicated mug printer? I would recommend some sort of desk top Epson Ecotank with Sublinova Ink. I get my printers, paper and ink etc from Ink Experts. The Profile is spot on and if you have seen my other post it will show you how to get borderless custom mug size prints. In terms of reliability, one of my desktops has done over 35,000 prints which I think is pretty darn good.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ummm a dedicated mug printer replacement is what we are after so we can move away from sg400. Hence starting up this thread again. We work closely with inkexperts but sadly no current offering is providing accurate colour matching. We just returned a L805 eco tank as colours not accurate even with custom profile. SG500 is terrible so is F100 apparently. 8500 on test with ink experts I am hoping could provide hope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    We just returned a L805 eco tank as colours not accurate even with custom profile. SG500 is terrible so is F100 apparently. 8500 on test with ink experts I am hoping could provide hope.
    What colours and products are not printing right with the L805? My colours are spot on with mugs. It is only certain products which differ in colour.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a F500 today used but still under warrenty just about 11months old and has 2 years warranty .Cost me £1200. And just found this thread lol...I will update the resuts asap ..I am also on Ollies boat I think , (We dont print Mugs much but other hard substrates ) and was having p800 , 7800 but non working as 1500W (hard to find now) . Wanted a 24" for bigger prints and was expecting to print everything on it but seems to be just another dream lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what I hear you will be fine with the F500 AS LONG as you buy the Epson RIP (£700!). It apparently is very good for textiles and ceramic BUT only colour accurate when you use the RIP oddly. Heard that through a friend who has one. Obviously the pain he says that doing mugs means you need to print them onto 24" paper and cut them out - something which is a right pain but again cannot find another small printer that can do match colours accurately.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (04-07-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gooner Gary - The L805 never matched colours both with the default profile provided by InkExperts nor a custom one they profiled for us. In fact I was then told by someone else in the industry that that is the same problem they had and they stopped using their L805 after only one week as well. If it works for you that's great but we have had over 15 complaints in two weeks from artists who are very particular with colours. If we were printing our own designs in house we could get away with it but not with other peoples work sadly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Following this with interest. I had high hopes for the smaller Epsons so this is all dissapointing reading.

We moved over to the Epson 6300 printer and can honestly say it's fantastic. I had serious reservations about going to 4 colour from 8 colour but we've not been dissapointed at all. As we're using the UltraChrome DS inks I'd hope for similar results on the smaller machines. We bought our printer primarily for textile work and I didn't expect results onto hard surfaces, mugs etc. to be good but no-one is more surprised than me at the results, best I've seen.

One thing we have noticed is the print onto the paper never looks as good as previous machines but when transferred to the substrate no issues at all.

I'm looking for another small format machine to replace our ageing 1500's but I'm struggling to find something suitable for our needs, would have been good if the smaller Epsons had fit the bill.
    Last edited by Justin; 01-07-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (04-07-2021)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was going to chime in with a "perhaps you are being a bit too fussy etc. etc." then I saw the word "artists" and "customers" and now my reaction is Good luck :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The whole issue is that as a company we are looking to the future as our SG400s are not replaceable and these have been perfect using custom profile. All potential options are not showing the colour accuracy required even with custom icc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Colour accuracy compared to what? You can't print the 16.7 million colours on your monitor. You need to explain to your customers about the limitations of printing. They won't own calibrated professional graphics monitors. The artist's end customer will be happy with a product which looks close enough to their crappy phone screen when buying online.