Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Blizzard Convection Oven Owners
    By socialgiraffe in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 10:20 PM
  2. halogen oven vs Sublimation vacuum oven
    By smiley_mug in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-08-2023, 03:21 PM
  3. BC01 Oven - handful of mugs coming out with flaws
    By gazfocus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-04-2021, 08:26 PM
  4. Schulze Bluepressline 4 vs Blizzard convection oven
    By gazfocus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-05-2020, 06:39 PM
  5. New Oven
    By Jimbo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BC01 Blizzard Oven

Hi

Can anyone using the BC01 Blizzard Oven let me know (in their experience):

1.) I note the ovens don't have a digital display of their temperature. Do you just calibrate your oven using an oven thermometer - can the temperature be accurately (enough) set with the manual dial?

2.) Do you pause between sets of mugs to allow the oven to pre-heat, if so, how do you know when it has reheated enough without a digital display (do you keep a thermometer permanently in the oven)?

3.) How many mugs can you reliably print at one time? It looks like it would only take two shelf loads "height wise"?

Thanks
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't have a blizzard, but in my halogen oven (glass bowl type) I have an oven thermometer permanently placed where I can easily see the dial. Don't rely on the markings on the temperature setting knob.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We have our oven set at the same temp all the time and don't have any issues. No, we don't wait for it to heat up inbetween runs as temp stays constant.

We tend to print 12 at a time (2 trays of 6) but have done more. 2 shelves.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

Thanks for the feedback. Why 12? Do you find more inconsistences at higher numbers (i.e. more problem prints at 18 say)? Is 12 where you get solid results every time for example?

Thanks
    Gary

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BC01 Blizzard Oven

We have three BC01’s on the go. We have an oven thermometer in each oven (a Taylor analog type) and interestingly, the temperature dial is in a different place on each oven to get the same reading on the thermometer.

We don’t leave the ovens to re-heat between loads. It’s just one load out, one load in. Takes about 15 seconds to swap over so not a great deal of heat lost.

We do 8 per tray, two trays, so 16 per oven for 20 minutes. It’s worth noting that when we started, we squeezed 20 mugs in (10 per tray). The only reason we went down to 8 was because it’s much easier sliding the trays in and out with 8 and you have a reasonable amount of space between each mug.

As you know we’ve been having issues of late, which we now believe to be the mugs. As part of our troubleshooting we bought some digital oven thermometers. While I don’t think these are particular accurate thermometers, we left them in whilst cooking the mugs. We noticed that putting cold mugs in the oven reduced the overall temperature by about 30 degrees. During the cooking period it took about 15 minutes or so to get back up to full temperature so the mugs only actually need to be at the full temperature for a relatively short period of time in order to cook properly.