Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted Anyone Got 12 Enamel Mugs?
    By Tubstar in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2020, 12:48 PM
  2. Enamel Camper Mugs
    By NIMugCo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-09-2019, 07:39 AM
  3. Enamel Mugs
    By Skarekrow in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 02:44 PM
  4. Enamel Mugs and TMT CPM
    By Simon in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-06-2016, 05:38 PM
  5. Enamel Tin Camping Mugs
    By socialgiraffe in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Thread: Enamel Mugs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Enamel Mugs

Any advice welcomed!
    Have read previous posts on enamel mugs before posting this and I realise there is a difference in quality between suppliers.

Been asked to do some boxes of these for a customer and ordered from Novachrome. Getting an expected cold band at the top but worse than we thought it would be. Nova were great for getting back quickly with advice but alas situation has not improved by leaving for longer on a lower temp (was doing 200s @ 195c and tried 350s @ 185c). This is a test print with black band to show printable area and leaving for longer just left a patchy look on the block print.
    Spoke to Neil Bros who said theirs had no problems but print company next to us said they had bad problems with them from there even in oven.

We press lots of other mugs including full colour top to bottom with no probs whatsoever so not concerned about the presses.

We would normally use xpres for mugs but we all know the chaos out there for mugs at the moment.

If anyone could give us any advice to get this sorted it would be appreciated :)

158282144_156138942999608_4995198311011033547_n.jpg158333034_121331156594196_4453960714483480318_n.jpg

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ZoeCF20 did you get anywhere with these? I'm having the same problem - tried lots of different setups & still getting fading towards the top.
    The mugs I used were also from Novachrome but I've since ordered some samples from Signzworld and I'm having the same issue.

I'm beginning to think it's an issue with my mug press - Freesub ST-210.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for printing enamel mugs? best press to use - consistent results - paper - inks etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow Up

Quote Originally Posted by martymc View Post
    Hi ZoeCF20 did you get anywhere with these? I'm having the same problem - tried lots of different setups & still getting fading towards the top.
    The mugs I used were also from Novachrome but I've since ordered some samples from Signzworld and I'm having the same issue.

I'm beginning to think it's an issue with my mug press - Freesub ST-210.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for printing enamel mugs? best press to use - consistent results - paper - inks etc?
    I'm afraid we didn't get any further forward than being advised 3D oven best bet for them. We are printing them but leaving a larger margin top and bottom than we would have liked. We have tried them on lots of different presses and with different papers. Hopefully someone can give us some further advice if they see this thread :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is way to optimistic with the print area when using a press. Panel prints with clear white borders are what we tend to go to. Use the black prints to guide you on the parameters of what is realistic. Ovens are the only way to overcome the print area.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeCF20 View Post
    I'm afraid we didn't get any further forward than being advised 3D oven best bet for them. We are printing them but leaving a larger margin top and bottom than we would have liked. We have tried them on lots of different presses and with different papers. Hopefully someone can give us some further advice if they see this thread :)
    I gave up on the mug press & bought some shrink bags

The 10oz enamel mugs just fit in the medium sized wraps. If you cut them in half you can get 2 mugs out of 1 wrap!
    I heated them in my halogen oven at 170° for 10-11 mins (1 mug) then cooled them with a fan before removing wrap - don't be tempted to remove too early as the enamel can stick to transfer paper when hot. I haven't tried upping the quantities yet but will update once I do...
    The print is coming out full colour from top to bottom
    Last edited by Justin; 17-05-2021 at 02:27 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to martymc For This Useful Post:

ZoeCF20 (24-05-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martymc View Post
    I gave up on the mug press & bought some shrink bags

The 10oz enamel mugs just fit in the medium sized wraps. If you cut them in half you can get 2 mugs out of 1 wrap!
    I heated them in my halogen oven at 170° for 10-11 mins (1 mug) then cooled them with a fan before removing wrap - don't be tempted to remove too early as the enamel can stick to transfer paper when hot. I haven't tried upping the quantities yet but will update once I do...
    The print is coming out full colour from top to bottom
    Excellent news! I think we are going to have to invest in an oven to have this product going forward. Thanks very much for letting me know about the wraps too - appreciated :)