Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale OKI C711WT white toner printer
    By Mhd in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-05-2020, 08:24 AM
  2. Sold White Toner A4 Printer - Little Ghost
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2019, 11:38 AM
  3. Sold OKI PRO 7411WT White Toner Printer
    By anniecov in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2018, 10:49 AM
  4. Looking for someone with a white toner printer
    By Dalbag123 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-06-2017, 07:22 PM
  5. oki pro920wt printer with white toner
    By logos unlimited in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 05:07 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Black Mug with White Patch Dye Sub vs White Toner printer on Black Mug

I have sourced black mugs with the white patch from two separate suppliers and the results are the same. No matter what time and temperature I set from 325 - 400 degrees and 3 minutes to 5 minutes the mugs do not come out right. I have incremented the time in 5 seconds intervals and the temp in 5 degree intervals. They come out brown black which I know is supposed to mean too much heat but this even happens at much lower temperatures and shorter times. The difference is how faded it is. At the lower temp or time or both the image completely fades out as it gets closer to the handle. At any rate I cannot get it to look good at all.

My printer is a Sawgrass SG400 using Sublijet-HD ink
    It was recently suggested to change from Text Print-R paper to Text Print XPHR paper as it apparently can be saturated better - I have not tried this yet.
    I have wasted a lot of the black mugs with the white patch trying to dial in the settings but I am also finding the patch area varies and can cause separate issues with white lines

Another suggestion which seems intriguing and this may be the wrong place to ask is getting a White Toner Printer and using standard all black mugs to print on which are about 1/5th the cost of the black mugs with a white patch, this also eliminates the blending issue. I was shown the results and I must say it looked a lot better than having a white patch you have to turn black to blend in. However I am concerned about the durability vs dye sub.

Does anyone know the durability of white toner printed mugs done with a white toner printer ?

For the dye sub mugs:

Should I be using different black than #000000 ?

Will the Text Print XPHR paper make a difference ?

Is it my printer? I have been told the SG400 cannot do true black and that only something like an epson wide format printer can do I'm not sure if this is true.
    Last edited by SDT; 19-03-2021 at 06:59 PM.