Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM

Thread: What printer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What printer

Hi all,
    I've found myself ordering A0 size printed foamex board signs every week now. I think i need my own printer but where to start?
    So i need something that does up to A0 Size and stickers

Was looking at a Roland BN-20 but think its to small. What do you all suggest? and What company can i talk to about supplying one?

Thanks
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    BN20 is a good little machine but far too slow for most folk. I know plenty that use it and like it b ut it is slow. Mimaki do some decent machines for not much more.
    I'm looking to sell my HP 115 latex print and cut, happy to discuss if that's of any interest.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bn-20 is only 20” max so no use to you anyway fella.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, im looking at Mimaki cjv150-107 i think it is. prints a meter wide. So i can do the A0 size i need to which is 841x1189mm
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are looking to print direct on to the foamex then you will need a flat bed UV printer.

If you are looking to produce vinyl and adhere to foamex then, depending on if you do lots of full colour work you will only need a decent cutter. Simply purchase the vinyl in the colour you require from someone like Metamark or Graftyp and you are good to go.

If you want to produce full colour vinyl then I personally would go for a Roland as I personally think they are better made.

Don't forget that if the boards are for outside use you will need to coat with some sort of UV protection if going for a Roland or Mimaki type machine.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Fletcher (24-03-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much have you budgeted for a printer? Flatbeds are relatively expensive but if you want to print direct to substrate are your only real choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    Hi, im looking at Mimaki cjv150-107 i think it is. prints a meter wide. So i can do the A0 size i need to which is 841x1189mm
    Just bought a CJV 150-107 about two weeks ago, because it printed just over a metre.
    Prints fantastic, very well made, but only buy it if you already use Coreldraw or Adobe Creative Suite.
    I am unconvinced about the cutting. It doesn't like cutting sharp corners and I have had some other issues that I need to discuss with the engineer.
    The Rasterlink RIP is stoneage. There is no control over the cut line from the rip, and to add a cut line or offset you need to be using a full version of either Illustrator or Coreldraw - I found that out halfway through the installation - or one of those naff signmakers sofware packages. I have had to buy Corel and bounce 18 years worth of artwork through it just to get a cutline.
    Rasterlink is so old it won't work with AMD processors.

My bad for buying during lockdown. I will come to live with it, but I should have got a Mutoh and a really good cutting plotter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, I found out some of that while asking about the printer.
    My new issue is space. My unit is small and cheap cheap. So i live with it. but i cant fit a 2.5 mtr printer anywhere.
    So now i need to find one thats 24 inch print and cuts 610mm rolls. And im desperate for one.
    I use photoshop and Vinyl master pro for cutting. And i dont want to have to redo all my artwork.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    So now i need to find one thats 24 inch print and cuts 610mm rolls. And im desperate for one.
    Worth looking into the Mutoh. You will need a standalone cutter, but that is no bad thing - part of my problem with the Mimaki is the garment media getting too pliable due to the heater. It lifts if I try to cut straight after printing.

https://www.grafityp.co.uk/mutoh/vj-628