Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Paper Setting
    By socialgiraffe in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM
  2. setting printer up
    By steve 1 in forum Printers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM
  3. Help Needed Setting up
    By Mossy88 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
  4. Setting up Business Advice.
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
  5. Need help setting up an ICM profile
    By Bass3rd in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re-setting up my dye sub kit, advice please?

I originally set up my dyesub kit 10 or so years ago, epson b1100 printer, ciss, some inks I bought on the side (back when you couldn't buy smaller amounts), trupix paper and an icc profile from a guy who used to do members of this group a deal.

its never been a big part of my business, I'm still on my original ink, but I'm in need of a new printer so time to buy new and looking about things have changed.

i'm going to buy a basic epson wf7210 with a3+ capability, my prints are generally graphic not photo so I think this will be fine for now and from what I can gather, i'm happy to be corrected so please do, Inktec Sublinova is considered good ink for epson printers so unless there is a better option thats what I will buy.

On my epson b1100 originally I has a CISS from cityink express, but whether it was the the ciss or the ink I found that I was forever having to run the head cleaner and i went back to refillable carts. Does anyone know if inktec inks are prone to clogging at all?

Ive also seen a mention that its possible to turn off the cartridge recognition in an epson to stop it stopping mid job with an 'unrecognised cart', does anyone know about that?

With regards to paper is Trupix still considered the best or are there now better options?

Finally ICC profiles, ive seen generic ones, inkexperts for instance, but is it still best option to get one specifically for your printer and paper used? if the latter, any recommendations where to get one done?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Inktec still very good

Getting an ICC for your printer still the ideal

Cheap CISS were prone to air gaps, leading to ink not pulling through to the printer.

We've used Inktec Sublinova since 2011, and any problems we've had have been traced to printer or cartridge problems.

From our experience Coldenhove's Jetcol highspeed is the best paper, but we use InkTec's because it's cheaper.

If sticking with home/office type printers, I'd recommend an Epson EcoTank based model to have an inbuilt CISS rather than faffing about with refill carts or external CISS