Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Banding issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-08-2017, 11:29 AM
  2. Epson 1500W horizontal banding
    By Mugshots in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-07-2017, 02:24 PM
  3. Epson 9880 Banding/Horizontal Lines
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 09:59 PM
  4. print banding on bottom
    By NIGELG in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-03-2013, 04:35 PM
  5. Anyone else get Banding issues
    By Dave271069 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-03-2013, 09:22 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horizontal banding issues that get worse over the course of a print job

Hey all! K question for you. I have an Epson f6070 that starts printing with horizontal bands which get worse over the course of a print job. I can start with perfectly clean nozzle check and the first few images often look good before the banding kicks in. Especially on the darker colors, it seems to be over-depositing ink on one side of the pass and not enough on the other side. Eventually, consistent white streaks start forming that are painfully obvious. A nozzle check after the print job shows gaps across all of the colors, all at about the middle of the print head.

I've tried pretty much everything at this point. I'm using high quality and genuine epson inks that are well within their expiry dates (although they've been in their cartridges for about 5 months now). My printer room is humidified, I've done multiple cleanings, even a manual head cleaning. I'm using Wasatch SoftRip and it's printing uni-directional, highest quality, 4 passes (basically as slow and high quality as it gets). I've been trying to print at least once a week just to keep the thing well-lubed. This printer is old and well used so there's a decent chance that the head is failing and if that sounds like the case, definitely let me know. It may just be time to buy a new one. Any thoughts or recommendations would be sweet, thanks!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Checked the head alignment?

Has your driver defaulted to a different media paper type or ICC?

If you are not using it a lot, you might have dried up ink partially blocking the nozzles despite a perfect nozzle check. A J cloth soaked in IPA and leave under the print head for 30 mins to 2 hours can often improve the print quality.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 22-04-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend getting it looked at - sounds like the ink system can't supply enough ink consistently to the head, so likely something wrong betwen the ink carts and the head - maybe the supply system is bit blocked, needs new dampers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup head alignment is good. I checked the paper type settings and they are correct. The paper type is set up on the printer itself and those settings are supposed to override anything from the RIP software.

I gave the IPA soaked cloth a shot and did another head cleaning afterwards. As well as mixing up the ink a bit with a turkey baster. As of right now, it's not printing with any white streaks but the banding with heavier streaks is still showing on darker colors. Which is just good enough for now. Thanks for chiming in Gary!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it k this is good feedback, thanks pisquee. Nice to know there might be something else going on besides just the usual. I'll probably just move towards buying a new printer. This one just hasn't been consistent enough when it matters! Thanks so much for the help!