I haven’t done any sublimation for a couple of years so I’m feeling rusty and confused. We’ve just ordered an Epson ecotank 2720 (we used to have a Ricoh). I’ve been doing designs in Procreate so I’ve installed the right color profile for the new printer. I’ll also install it in photoshop but presumably I’ll be able to print straight from Procreate if I want to, now they allow you to install color profiles?

Since I’m designing tiles for a specific room I chose hex code colours which relate to other things in the room using a printed fabric colour chart. I then created a colour palette in Procreate using these colour codes. This was before I knew which printer we were getting so I started designing in the standard colour profile.

Now I’ve installed the correct colour profile for the printer, the hex codes in the image are correct but some of the colours look duller. But in my Procreate colour palette the colours still look correct but the hex codes have changed. Does anyone understand this? Will our new printer be unable to print the brighter aqua/turquoise colours or do I need to replace colours with the new hex codes in the palette (which don’t relate to the printed swatches I used to decide colours). The cooler colours are the more important colours to get right in the room.

Also do you have any recommendations for ecotank sublimation ink?

This is a quick image I made to show all the colours in the palette. I’m intending to print it when the printer arrives, the top bit is with a standard Procreate colour profile and the lower half is with the Epson 2720 colour profile.
72CCAC47-BF46-428D-815A-CDE50284BB92.jpg