Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. new to the game
    By puds in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
  2. New to the game which printer?
    By customwrapz in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
  3. New to the game ( Yep another one! )
    By Whispered Spirit in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    I agree, the way I look at this technology is buy a machine which is built to do the work with an inkset formulated for the printhead then work it to death for 12 months. After 12 months every month is a bonus, if it breaks bin it and buy another one.
    I did that with a wide format epson for sublimation a few years ago, it managed 13 months! It made me money but I still felt cheated with only squeezing an extra month out of it.

Janners

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JMugs For This Useful Post:

pw66 (05-07-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post

Ive just bought a branded printer only has 12 months warranty 2nd year optional warranty is just shy of 5k the model range below it has 24 months warranty but the 12 month warranty machine will produce nearly double what the 24 month warranty machine makes. Its what it earns more than what it costs ( I will pay for the 2nd year warranty its much cheaper than buyng another 1). These manufactures tend to know the value of their kit when its knocking out the numbers.
    I was comparing the warranty cost with the costs of the Epson F2100 (comparable machine cost, similar inkset/type, similar operational problems/parameters, similar print head type and life). Two years for the Epson is less than £1300 (including printheads). Two years for the Resolute, if you want head cover is £6k. Seems expensive to me.

It is also double the cost of the extended warranty for my Mimaki.