Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mimaki JV3 conversion
    By bili in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 12:33 PM
  2. Mimaki JV3-130 SP2 Wide Format Printer + Cold Laminator
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-07-2015, 11:16 AM
  3. Mimaki SB 52 Dye Sub Ink
    By seank in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-02-2015, 02:04 PM
  4. Mimaki CJV30-60
    By Jason in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2015, 10:22 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any one use a UV Mimaki UJF-3042FX Printer?

We are wondering if the time is right to get into cheap promotional gift printing and looking at the Mimaki UJF-3042FX whose bed is 50mm deep.

Anyone have experience of this printer and could give some advice as to how different it is to print directly onto substrates as opposed to sublimation in terms of artwork set-up and if a RIP is needed. Currently we print directly from Photoshop without any RIP and this process is quick and easy.

Thank you in advance

Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mimakis was awful compared to our rolands LEF. Always problems with white is sticking through, or other problems.
    Our mimakis use to run on Caldera rip. good quality when worked well tho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul. Thank you. I must admit I always liked the Roland LEF 12 but the price of the Mimaki A3 is heavily reduced to £2k LOWER than the Roland A4 bed size hence wondering if we should go with Mimaki A3. Or not do UV print and stick with sublimation :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    To be fair, we used it daily for about 17h a day. but if you use maybe less than it should be good. dont take me wrong. its a good machine when it works. but when I compare ROlands to mimaki, we would never buy mimaki again as Roland is a work horse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    To be fair, we used it daily for about 17h a day. but if you use maybe less than it should be good. dont take me wrong. its a good machine when it works. but when I compare ROlands to mimaki, we would never buy mimaki again as Roland is a work horse.
    What were the issues you had please. I am looking at the 7151 or the 6042.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What type of items are you looking to print?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    What type of items are you looking to print?
    Acrylics and wooden boxes hence the need for bed height.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just asking because we've been testing the water with a Chinese machine we imported. Results have been excellent and I've been really impressed with the support as well. Having looked at machines a few years back I appreciate the huge investment. This for us at least was a great way to test products.

Lots of folk having different experience with Chinese machines so we did our research and found a reputable manufacturer. I emailed them for advise a couple of times today and responses come back within minutes. Our machine was even shiped with spares, dampers etc. so that we can maintain it ourselves.

Our thinking was, if if all goes wrong the investment wasn't huge. If it went well but results weren't great we would look again at more expensive machines. So far we don't feel the need to upgrade :-)

It prints onto untreated wood, plastics, metal and all the usual stuff with no issues whatseover.

If uou have any blanks you'd like printing for comparispon against the Mikmaki etc. I'd be happy to do them.
    Last edited by Justin; 19-05-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Just asking because we've been testing the water with a Chinese machine we imported. Results have been excellent and I've been really impressed with the support as well. Having looked at machines a few years back I appreciate the huge investment. This for us at least was a great way to test products.

Lots of folk having different experience with Chinese machines so we did our research and found a reputable manufacturer. I emailed them for advise a couple of times today and responses come back within minutes. Our machine was even shiped with spares, dampers etc. so that we can maintain it ourselves.

Our thinking was, if if all goes wrong the investment wasn't huge. If it went well but results weren't great we would look again at more expensive machines. So far we don't feel the need to upgrade :-)

It prints onto untreated wood, plastics, metal and all the usual stuff with no issues whatseover.

If uou have any blanks you'd like printing for comparispon against the Mikmaki etc. I'd be happy to do them.
    Thanks Justin, weve been for a demo of both machines, the quality was good. We arent techy so dont want the hassle of no UK support. But I read this post and was concerned by Paul's comments. The new Rolands with the conveyor system look interesting but most people who print in this space tend to use Mimakis but I may now go have a look at the Roland Versa UV LEC2 S Series.