Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. new to the game
    By puds in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
  2. New to the game which printer?
    By customwrapz in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
  3. New to the game ( Yep another one! )
    By Whispered Spirit in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand 12 screens for 60 shirts wouldn't be viable but DTG would be viable. You would be able to supply your customer making a good profit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BERNARDS View Post
    I understand 12 screens for 60 shirts wouldn't be viable but DTG would be viable. You would be able to supply your customer making a good profit.
    We produce in-house only. For me time is too precious to waste organising the outsourcing, pressing the shirts and dealing with the customer for a fraction of the profit. Sometimes it is better to walk away and concentrate on full profit jobs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

froggy (01-07-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers PW66. Any chance having a blether on the phone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been following the DTF on Facebook. I would say in summary "It's work in progress, when it's good it's very good, but it's hit and miss and fussy".

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    I have been following the DTF on Facebook. I would say in summary "It's work in progress, when it's good it's very good, but it's hit and miss and fussy".

Janners
    My thoughts exactly. DTG has been around for about 10 years and that is still work in progress.
    I think if you dedicate your business 100% to DTG or DTF then you will have a chance but for someone like myself who does embroidery , vinyl printing and the occasional sublimation it is not worth it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    My thoughts exactly. DTG has been around for about 10 years and that is still work in progress.
    I think if you dedicate your business 100% to DTG or DTF then you will have a chance but for someone like myself who does embroidery , vinyl printing and the occasional sublimation it is not worth it.
    I concur.

For those wanting to know about prices and current options.

https://www.dtfshop.eu/en_US/?fbclid...IyLH8GN93LZuOQ

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Maybe I would agree when it was a DIY option based on converted epson printers, but now that there are some dedicated products coming to the market I am not so sure. Broadly speaking they are just wide format printers with a different ink set.

Yesterday I was ready to press the button on the Resolute machine. What put me off is that it only has a 12 month warranty, and the extended warranty is an excessive £3k + vat per year! If resolute only have one years confidence in a £10k machine then I am not going to take the risk. It certainly isn't worth £16k +vat over three years.
    Resolute wouldn't answer my questions when I asked about life span of the printhead or replacement cost. I am a bit worried that the machine could end up like the Epson F2000 DTG printer, and be too expensive to maintain after the warranty expires.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    I concur.

For those wanting to know about prices and current options.

https://www.dtfshop.eu/en_US/?fbclid...IyLH8GN93LZuOQ

Janners

That firm also has a three head, 12 colour machine that has CMYK, four channels of white and four fluoro colours. Not on the website yet, but looks interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The common themes appear to be that they need cleaning the end of every day, clean in the morning before use, agitate the inks before using, have a uniform temp in the premises. If this is done all is good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Maybe I would agree when it was a DIY option based on converted epson printers, but now that there are some dedicated products coming to the market I am not so sure. Broadly speaking they are just wide format printers with a different ink set.

Yesterday I was ready to press the button on the Resolute machine. What put me off is that it only has a 12 month warranty, and the extended warranty is an excessive £3k + vat per year! If resolute only have one years confidence in a £10k machine then I am not going to take the risk. It certainly isn't worth £16k +vat over three years.
    Resolute wouldn't answer my questions when I asked about life span of the printhead or replacement cost. I am a bit worried that the machine could end up like the Epson F2000 DTG printer, and be too expensive to maintain after the warranty expires.
    I agree, the way I look at this technology is buy a machine which is built to do the work with an inkset formulated for the printhead then work it to death for 12 months. After 12 months every month is a bonus, if it breaks bin it and buy another one. 16k isnt much money anymore write down your equipment cost over 12months (£300/week approx the wages for a fulltime member of staff)

Ive just bought a branded printer only has 12 months warranty 2nd year optional warranty is just shy of 5k the model range below it has 24 months warranty but the 12 month warranty machine will produce nearly double what the 24 month warranty machine makes. Its what it earns more than what it costs ( I will pay for the 2nd year warranty its much cheaper than buyng another 1). These manufactures tend to know the value of their kit when its knocking out the numbers.
    Last edited by froggy; 02-07-2021 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Additional info

12. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

pw66 (05-07-2021)