Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Bargains Galore...
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-01-2021, 01:20 PM
  2. For Sale Job Lots - Bargains
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 26-06-2020, 09:46 AM
  3. Can I use other sublijet ink other than sawgrass sublijet ink?
    By hoverbug1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 10:38 AM
  4. sublijet ink
    By Angloman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 09:55 AM
  5. Car Boot Bargains
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-03-2011, 02:13 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any sublijet ink bargains to be had?

Hi All

Just before I start trawling through all the usual suspects looking, has anyone seen any good deals on Sawgrass Sublijet inks for a 7100Dn printer preferably the higher capacity ones?

Yes I know refills and CISS or Epson printers are the cheaper option but I have Ricohs and there it is!

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if you can use "sublijet" and "bargain" in one sentence to be honest... As there was never anything "bargain" about sawgrass. I know there are some excellent inks for ricohs and cost less.

with sublisplash or sublisure you can save yourself about tenner on each colour, but thats it. Those are only brands I know that will offer cheaper ink with ICC colour profiles. Other then that, you need to buy refillable cartridges and refill them by your self. but then you need to speak to ink suppliers and ask if they provide ICC and if its any good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to InkExperts - great inks and paper and very helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul

I did use the word bargain slightly tongue in cheek ; o)

I don't print thousands of mugs and so the bit extra for Sublijet isn't really an issue apart from making me wince when I have to buy a set - but to be honest if they were half the price I would still probably wince - not that I am tight you understand!

If I were starting from scratch again (or when the 7100 curls up its toes) I would seriously consider one f the Epson dye sub printers. The new Ricohs are a bit pricey. Of course that then opens the can of worms over reliability and ease of use. I have to say that apart from the 7100 now being a legacy product and the faff you have to go through to re register powerdriver when you have an SSD go phut etc, the 7100 and 3110 have been exceedingly reliable and don't complain if they don't do a print for a month.

If I were doing XX cases of mugs week in and week out it would be a no brainer to go 3rd party CISS with the best inks I could get.

So far £60 less DSF discount seems to be the best I can find

Arthur

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arthur.daley For This Useful Post:

Paul (13-06-2021)