Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. General Thoughts
    By froggy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-11-2020, 10:27 PM
  2. Qimage Ultimate Problem HELP PLEASE
    By Reading-Print in forum Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-09-2015, 11:34 AM
  3. Using Qimage Ultimate Please Help
    By Reading-Print in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 02:39 PM
  4. Your thoughts on this please?
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 02:18 PM
  5. Qimage Ultimate Help
    By meldean in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 05:51 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Qimage Sharing my thoughts - Printing Sublimation

Just wanted to share my thoughts on Qimage. I'd never looked at the software until a couple of days ago.

I use as dedicated PC for printing some of my sublimation products, very low powered but good enough for Win7/Photoshop 6. I attached a second printer and found that swicthing between the 2 printers was incredibly slow in Photoshop.

I'm a huge fan of Linux so started on another journey to see if I could switch to that for my printing. Long story short no I can't so back to Windows.

Whilst looking for Linux solutions I found Qimage. Incidentally I did manage to install on Linux Mint using Wine but drivers were an issue.

I've now setup the 14 day free trial of Qimage Ultimate on a couple of PC's and have been using for the last couple of days.

I have to say I'm really impressed. The interface took a little getting used to but I do like it now.

Qimage for those who havn't seen it is basically a print management program and takes care of usual paper sizes, settings, profiles etc.

I quickly set up my A5 & A4 paper sizes and 2 seperate printers. Switching between the 2 is instant. Setting up to use the sublimation profile was also very easy.

Print results are spot on. I have lots of settings to explore that could improve the images further but even out of the box results are great.

For anyone looking for a Print only system to print out ready made designs this is ideal. no need to install clunky Photoshop/Corel etc. just to print.

It also comes with Plug-Ins so you can print from Adobe etc. if you want.

Deffo worth a look and a play, hopefully folk will find it as useful as me. Current price is around £60, no silly monthly subscriptions here ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I can't understand why selecting different printers on Photoshop on Windows was slow - something was definitely wrong there -it's just a drop down menu to choose your printer, which I've never noticed any lag on on many Windows computers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No idea tbh, probably down to the PC, choosing the printer is quick enough but if I edit the settings etc. that's where it crawls.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use PS Elements and have the same crawl when I edit the settings etc. Also, the dropdown for choosing printers is'nt as fast as I'd like.

My desk top PC is an i7 with 16gb DDR4 ram and a 1GB SSD together with a fast Graphics card.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ah could well be Photoshop related then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Anyone that might be thinking about Qimage drop me a quick PM first, cheers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

23express (20-09-2023)