Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printed colours have changed, please help
    By Trec in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-06-2020, 11:50 AM
  2. Colors have changed! HELP (solved)
    By mariss in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-05-2020, 05:10 PM
  3. How has your business changed?
    By windyash in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 10:58 PM
  4. ebay layout changed
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 07:05 PM
  5. Has Orca Coatings changed?
    By JSR in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed my printer and now everything is messed up

Hi! I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on what to try. I bought an A3 printer and I cannot get my color right.

I have a Sawgrass sg1000 and use the inks it came with Sublijet UHD and Texprint R paper

Before switching I used a ricoh 3110 with sublisplash and Srace paper. My colors were perfect every time.

What do you think makes the biggest difference? Could the paper be responbile? Or are Sublisplash inks so bright and vivid in comparison? My prints are either faded when printing from photoshop using an ICC I had from before or they are just wrong if I print from Sawgrass print manager.

I've tested all settings I could think of today and I'm simply not getting the result I'm used to. Has anyone compared Sublijet to Sublisplash? I'm scared it's because of the inks. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Are you looking at the finished printed product or just the printed paper transfer?

Have you installed a new ICC profile?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at finished products. No ICC installed as Sawgrass doesn't include one with their ink. I'm sure things would have been easier if I had one. I did a test using my sublisplash ICC, this produces the correct color but they look quite faded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You need the specific profile for the new inks, who did you buy the inks from and didn't they mention the profile?

Are you using the Print Manager software?

https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/...ome-with-a-cd-
    Last edited by Justin; 06-08-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they didn't, bought from Amazon, I doubt I'll get much support. But shouldn't these be included in the installation profile from Sawgrass? I thought it would make things easier but I have look everywhere online for this and it seems like no one has it. Asked around in groups and everyone keeps saying there is no ICC included with the printer and inks but that "the print manager" will get the colors perfectly. Even sawgrass says the same. I have no idea to do next..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    You need the specific profile for the new inks, who did you buy the inks from and didn't they mention the profile?

Are you using the Print Manager software?

https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/...ome-with-a-cd-

Yes, the Print Manager doesn't even get close to the real colors..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We ditched SG500 (A4 version) after one week of realising colour matching was impossible with print manager and went back to old sg400. Many others in industry have said same about inaccuracies of sg500/1000 and ditched quickly as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    We ditched SG500 (A4 version) after one week of realising colour matching was impossible with print manager and went back to old sg400. Many others in industry have said same about inaccuracies of sg500/1000 and ditched quickly as well.
    oh no! Sounds awful! I already gave away my old printer and this one wasn’t cheap🤦*♀️ That’s so disappointing from sawgrass that they wouldn’t acknowledge this flaw and try to fix it, it just needs a freaking ICC profile, why is that so hard?
    lots of people are telling me that the colours are spot on, but after trying every single setting and option I could find online as a suggestion, I starting to think maybe.. they don’t have the accurate colors on their monitor to start with?
    It will be interesting to find a solution now, going back and buying a new old printer is not an option for me at this moment 😅

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalia View Post
    oh no! Sounds awful! I already gave away my old printer and this one wasn’t cheap臘*♀️ That’s so disappointing from sawgrass that they wouldn’t acknowledge this flaw and try to fix it, it just needs a freaking ICC profile, why is that so hard?
    lots of people are telling me that the colours are spot on, but after trying every single setting and option I could find online as a suggestion, I starting to think maybe.. they don’t have the accurate colors on their monitor to start with?
    It will be interesting to find a solution now, going back and buying a new old printer is not an option for me at this moment 
    Go for an epson.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    When you say you bought from Amazon, was it a reputable/well known seller?