Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 16-05-2018, 04:05 PM
  2. ebay sellers a must read...big changes ahead
    By viccar in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 11:11 PM
  3. eBay v amazon
    By North guy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 12:05 PM
  4. Ebay Power Sellers & Revenue & Customs
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
  5. eBay Sellers Strike Back
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug sellers at Ebay, Amazon etc.. and license question

I see countless of mugs on ebay and amazon etc.. with logos and images of famous games like assasins creed and so on, is that really legal? I thought you can not use those "brand names" when selling mugs. Im not an expert here but i can imagine that you will need a license for every game you print on the mugs which is probably super expensive.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    I see countless of mugs on ebay and amazon etc.. with logos and images of famous games like assasins creed and so on, is that really legal? I thought you can not use those "brand names" when selling mugs. Im not an expert here but i can imagine that you will need a license for every game you print on the mugs which is probably super expensive.
    It is not legal and at its core it is theft.

Some on here have tried to justify the theft because “everyone does it” and if they are comfortable with that excuse then so be it.

The problem is that the the license holders will not sell on these platforms which in turn causes friction between EBay & Co and the official sellers meaning that neither is willing to help the other.

In my humble opinion, if you are comfortable with copyright theft and are so boring that you can not think of your own designs etc then go for it, although an art/design based industry is probably not the best for you ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    It is not legal and at its core it is theft.

Some on here have tried to justify the theft because “everyone does it” and if they are comfortable with that excuse then so be it.

The problem is that the the license holders will not sell on these platforms which in turn causes friction between EBay & Co and the official sellers meaning that neither is willing to help the other.

In my humble opinion, if you are comfortable with copyright theft and are so boring that you can not think of your own designs etc then go for it, although an art/design based industry is probably not the best for you ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will definately not do it because at least here in germany many lawyers have specialized in online copyright stuff. I just wondered how those people can sell mugs with "Battle Field" prints and all that. I asked them if they have a license and they said they bought the "designs" and they have the permission. I guess the permission from the guy who made the designs but not the permission from electronic Arts which is kind of useless. I can not understand how naive some people are. Its like your neighboor draws a BMW Logo for you and gives you the permission to sell it :) I never sold any mugs or shirts but maybe in the future i consider to sell certain products on Etsy etc... but i will create my own designs or just use Fonts and not mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    I will definately not do it because at least here in germany many lawyers have specialized in online copyright stuff. I just wondered how those people can sell mugs with "Battle Field" prints and all that. I asked them if they have a license and they said they bought the "designs" and they have the permission. I guess the permission from the guy who made the designs but not the permission from electronic Arts which is kind of useless. I can not understand how naive some people are. Its like your neighboor draws a BMW Logo for you and gives you the permission to sell it :) I never sold any mugs or shirts but maybe in the future i consider to sell certain products on Etsy etc... but i will create my own designs or just use Fonts and not mugs.

Begs the question: Why did you ask about this in the first place?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Begs the question: Why did you ask about this in the first place?
    Maybe because those people kind of destroying the market in a way ? What do you prefer to buy, famous pictures like Spiderman or unkwown images?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many instances in the UK where Trading Standards have bought something online via Ebay etc and ended up prosecuting the seller, closing any shops they have and the 'criminal' getting hefty fines. This is Karma in my opinion.