Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Polymer sprays
    By aNDI in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2018, 09:43 PM
  2. Work Shirts
    By robhil in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-10-2017, 08:48 PM
  3. Print on 100 Cotton T-shirts(Black/White)
    By newbi in forum Clothing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-09-2013, 04:04 PM
  4. Bulk Lot Of Cotton T Shirts For Sale
    By Bob700 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-04-2012, 11:33 PM
  5. Cotton T Shirts Wanted
    By Bob700 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any coating sprays for cotton t-shirts that work in the UK

Hi there i have checked youtube videos and in the US there seems to be a couple of coating sprays that do a very good job and last alot of washes for sublimating on cotton, or even better results when people have used it on cotton/poly blend t-shirts

Is there anything like this in the UK?, the brands i have seen in the US are not sold here and shipping is over £40 from etsy lol

i did a google search and ebay search but could only find some that had all bad reviews of not working at all :/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think you'll struggle to find anything decent. The biggest issue with any coating isn't the coating itself it's applying it properly, getting an even cost at the right thickness, dust free application etc.

Better putting your efforts into looking at different print processes.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Paul (12-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I think you'll struggle to find anything decent. The biggest issue with any coating isn't the coating itself it's applying it properly, getting an even cost at the right thickness, dust free application etc.

Better putting your efforts into looking at different print processes.

Thank you for the reply, tbh I though as much, I just saw some newer videos which seemed to have good results and people commenting saying they use the same stuff and it can last alot of washes.

I have done the htv method printing using a normal printer and normal ink and then heat pressing the whole thing to the tops

Also used my cricut to cut around things it's just not something I fully enjoy the look of, since the image is all stiff.

Do you know anything about this flocked paper you can get where you heat press the image into it and then peel the back off and it allows you to heat press it onto cotton tops.

I presume it is the same effect as what I said above BUT I am wondering if using sublimation inks and this flocked transfer paper will look more vibrant than using normal inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consensus seems to be that those that are available are not really good enough for commercial use. Okay for hobby use, but the print life and misprint rate is too high to sell them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Justin (07-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    The consensus seems to be that those that are available are not really good enough for commercial use. Okay for hobby use, but the print life and misprint rate is too high to sell them.
    Sounds like it be alot of waisted money so I won't bother.

I am interested in the heat transfer flock paper you hearpress a sublimated image too then heat press to the item if clothing like cotton. It looks to be not as stiff as htv and maybe sub inks will give a better image than using normal inject inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dae Ha supply both the Subli Flock and Subli Fabric so you could always ask them for a sample to try out.
    https://www.garmentfilms.co.uk/sublimation-c28
    They also say their Holo / Metallic / Premium Glitter films can be sublimated too (although I haven't got around to giving it a try yet).

There are also cotton-feel poly tees available although the colour of the top needs to be lighter than the print...so no black tees