Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hotronix Fusion IQ Heat Press by Stahls
    By Trenzaduck in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2022, 12:18 AM
  2. Ink Experts
    By Matt Thornton in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2021, 04:05 PM
  3. Any Photoshop experts on here? :-)
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-08-2017, 05:41 PM
  4. Fusion c24
    By Angloman in forum Software
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 17-12-2013, 10:24 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ink Experts Fusion DTF Sytem

I have been thinking about venturing into DTF for a while now but have always felt if it is not right for me it would be a minimum of £2000+ down the drain. So when Ink Experts asked me to test their A4 format DTF system it would be an understatement to say that I was over the moon at being given the opportunity to “dabble” without the financial risk.

Like most people these days, I am very busy. I like things that work exactly as they should straight from the start and with the IE Fusion DTF system I was not disappointed. The kit arrived Thursday and by Friday several of my customers had garments on test. It was easy to set the machine up and following the clear instructions for Acrorip (the software needed to run DTF) I was able to print my first transfer within an hour of opening the box.

The first transfers I made were for a “friend of a friend” who breeds Cane Corso’s. I had previously printed his garments using my Versacam Print ‘n’ Cut. The job took well over two days to complete due to the complex weeding. I also had to simplify the FLB Logo as it was simply not possible to get the detail required…. Not anymore! The DTF transfers are bright, sharp and crisp. Having been in this business for more years than I would like to admit it takes a lot to blow me away, the ease of creating the transfers and the finished result really did give me the “wow” moment.

I also thought the process of adding the powder, giving it a shake 'n' bake and then pressing was all going to be a bit of a faff. Not so, once you get into a rhythm it’s all good. With DTF your imagination is unleashed on what you can be printed. If you are a garment designer selling on platforms such as Etsy you will love the set up. If you are, like me, providing workwear and corporate clothing you are going to love it just as much.

I am sure we have all seen these sort of systems before promising everything but always coming up short. I have had Fusion DTF printed garments on test with 25 different people for a little over 3 weeks now. Some have been told “30 degree wash, do not tumble dry etc.” and others have been told nothing. So far not one person has had any issues with no complaints and no returns. If I wanted to be overly cautious then I would recommend either some washing instruction stickers or create your own neck labels on a tag less t-shirt, only you can decide on that as you know your customers.

Cost of producing an A4 transfer is very cheap. I estimate around 42p (approx.). This means you could be printing full colour on coloured t-shirts for sub £3.00 giving you a very significant profit margin

In summary, although the machine is billed as an entry level machine it will suit many different size traders. For me, if I had purchased this particular set up it would pay for itself within 3-4 weeks it really is that good. In the first two weeks of “ownership” I had printed 200+ transfers.

I think it is pretty obvious I recommend DTF but more importantly I recommend the Ink Experts Fusion machine. Simple reason is because it works and you have the back up of a reputable company should you need any help. Book your interest now! Some Epson printers are in very short supply, you will be gutted if they run out ;-)

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. I am no expert in DTF (which could be an advantage!) and will always give my honest opinion.

123.jpg
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Paul (26-08-2022)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some endorsement, I am very interested! How does the finished transfer feel in comparison to some of the other methods like white toner, dtg etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have white toner and a versacam and think this has a slightly better feel than those. It is marginal though, just a lot easier to create the transfers :-)

I will say that DTG has a better feel than any of the above because the ink is fused into the fabric where as the other systems sit on top. Having said that, I think you get better detail with DTF than DTG as the weave does not interfere.

One of my customers think his DTF t-shirt is better quality than his previous DTG versions.

That said, if you just want front and back prints on t-shirts then DTG would possibly be a better fit even though it will be 10-20 times the cost LOL. I personally think DTF opens up more garment decoration possibilities without the need for other platens etc. etc.

It is a ringing endorsement because I honestly think it is worth it. My main business is mugs and hi vis, neither of which require any sort of transfer system to be honest but I will definately be getting a DTF system :-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have white toner and get great results from it but the DTF costs are very tempting if the results are equal to or better. That's great information, thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you need to pre treat garment first out of interest?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Do you need to pre treat garment first out of interest?
    Nope.

One thing you might be interested in Olly is cotton tote bags. Any colour just pop out a print and away you go. Could be a great fit for your market.

Got a few of my customers who are looking at these in corporate colours to use as goody bags. Did a couple and they look darn good :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nibz33 View Post
    I have white toner and get great results from it but the DTF costs are very tempting if the results are equal to or better. That's great information, thank you.
    I love my white toner, but I don’t really use it for garments as the cost of the transfers generally rules me out of my market. This brings me straight back in :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the cost of this setup going to be do you know?
    I have also been looking at something like this but limited space means a4 might be a better option for me.

I have been using the old bn-20 for prints but time is the biggest restriction for me.
    something like this would be a game changer.

Can you post pictures of the actual kit you received?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I do hope they're paying you well for this review Simon :-)

DTF has come on leaps and bounds. We can get the transfers made ridiculously cheap so really not worth the investment unless we needed to turnaround small quantities very quickly

I'd also be looking for A3, A4 is far too small for anything nowadays.

Interested to hear costs.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'll move this thread into reviews section
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (25-08-2022)