Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Recommendations for Photo printing papers on Epson1 photo 1400 printer
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2019, 11:05 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-01-2019, 10:30 PM
  3. Photo printer or Dye sub
    By johnfrancis in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-11-2017, 11:33 PM
  4. A4 sized photo printer - Advice please
    By Justin in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM
  5. Which printer for photo prints?
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31-12-2009, 01:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Advice on Dye Sub Photo Printer

Looking for advice on a new dye sub photo printer (not sublimation!)

I need to be able to print borderless 4x6, 5x7 & 6x8. Found plenty of options DNP for example but hoping to hear from existing users.

I have been told the matte function on these is pretty much a waste of time and I'm also interested in finding out running costs, ideally a single paper roll that will adjust to each different ratio without having to be removed.

We're selling our 44" HP Z2100 printer to fund this new smaller printer due to lack of use so if anyone is interested in a trade ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kiosk photo printers do use sublimation technology.... but in a very different way.
    There is a host / blank roll of media, - and a doner roll - that is a transparant film, - with blocks of CMY and clear
    It is this doner roll that effects print size & cost efficiency

Lets say you have 6 inch media
    The usual doner roll will have 8 inch blocks of each colour -
    If you want a 6x8 then all used up easy
    If you want to print 2 off 6x4 prints - it will use each block of colour to print 2 photos - if done at the same time, BUT - if you only want to print a single 4x6 - then you will waste the other half of the colour block.

You could have another set of media for 5x7 but in my opinion, - you would be MUCH better off just printing 5x7 on 6x8 media and trimming.
    Changing 2 rolls of media is a fanny, - and some is wasted when you swap rolls anyway.

The printers in high street shop photo kiosks are bomb proof, so i suggest you look for a second hand kiosk.
    This one has 2 off Fuji ASK2000 printers, plus the kiosk for £2000 - or offers!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153859015...YAAOSwk9FeZq5X

You can connect the ask2000 (actually made by Copal) as a windows printer too. - thou the kiosk will give even better results & Fuji software is awesome.

I would deffo recommend Fuji as their printers are used world wide, and supplies very widely available.
    imho
    Phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Justin (28-09-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I used to do photography events & weddings, I had the DNP DS40 at the time and it was a brilliant printer for on demand, the colours were fantastic.

Not sure if they do the media for it anymore, but the DNP range seemed to be better than many of the others at the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I do like the look of the DNP's, spoke to one of the main suppliers and they're having trouble getting hold of paper stock though for this and other machines.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!