Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Price
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-04-2017, 04:40 PM
  2. After price
    By Mugshots in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-04-2017, 11:47 AM
  3. After a price
    By Mugshots in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-04-2016, 08:09 AM
  4. autumn fair at NEC
    By arthur.daley in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch! Autumn price rises.

Just seen the price rises on garments, set to apply from 04th October.

Gildan 5000 Heavy Cotton t-shirt has a new carton rate (list price) of £2.16 - currently £1.86. These price rises are mostly due to shipping costs, but when you add them on top of the previous rises the stock is getting pricey (the 5000 was £1.39 in 2016 before the Brexit vote and went up to £1.69 a few weeks late, when the £ 'revalued'). 50% increase in 5 years. I'm going to have to pass these prices on.

The Gildan Heavy Blend 18500 hoody has gone from £6.98 to £8.17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    which supplier?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are from Absolute Apparel.
    BTC and Ralawise are also going to be going up at the same time, to similar levels. The prices quoted are listed carton rates, before whatever discount you can negotiate are applied.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its similar over here. All clothing prices are going up. Its world wide transport and container prices.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

pw66 (28-09-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came in this morning and there are emails from two suppliers with price changes. Happening everywhere it seems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the pandemic, we paid around £1500 for a 20ft container from China. The latest container which finally arrived with us, was £7500.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Came in this morning and there are emails from two suppliers with price changes. Happening everywhere it seems.
    This round of price rises has nothing to do with Brexit, thankfully, but it is the scale of them that is shocking.

Having said that, one supplier has told me that any stock coming from their EU warehouse (and vice versa) is subject to 12% import duty, due to 'rules of origin' criteria. The upshot of that is that when something is out of stock in the UK it will either cost more for the supplier to top up from Europe or it wil stay out of stock for longer.

Fruit of the Loom price rises don't appear to be as high as Gildans', probably due to stock only having to travel from Morocco.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    This round of price rises has nothing to do with Brexit, thankfully, but it is the scale of them that is shocking.

Having said that, one supplier has told me that any stock coming from their EU warehouse (and vice versa) is subject to 12% import duty, due to 'rules of origin' criteria. The upshot of that is that when something is out of stock in the UK it will either cost more for the supplier to top up from Europe or it wil stay out of stock for longer.

Fruit of the Loom price rises don't appear to be as high as Gildans', probably due to stock only having to travel from Morocco.
    Im not sure I understand whats happening with the Brexit agreement but will there not be more price rises when the checks are fully implemented in October and next January. Brexit hasnt fully hit you yet as up to now the full checks havent been done. I hope Im wrong but thats the way Im reading it. Gildan 18500 is 7,93€ at the moment and all that is in stock in black is S to L. XL and bigger will be in in week 51. Ouch. Im buying the AWD JH001 now. At 8,58€. FOL 421 is 10,61.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Im not sure I understand whats happening with the Brexit agreement but will there not be more price rises when the checks are fully implemented in October and next January. Brexit hasnt fully hit you yet as up to now the full checks havent been done. I hope Im wrong but thats the way Im reading it. Gildan 18500 is 7,93€ at the moment and all that is in stock in black is S to L. XL and bigger will be in in week 51. Ouch. Im buying the AWD JH001 now. At 8,58€. FOL 421 is 10,61.
    There might be more checks and tariffs on food, but I am not sure about general goods.
    Although we were 'sold' tariff free trade between the UK and EU' in reality that only applies to UK or EU made goods. Of the top of my head that is largely food and cars. Anything else is charged an import tariff, depending on the goods. Garments are 12% (+ vat).
    The days of easily sourcing stock from the EU are gone, so are the days of UK suppliers moving stock from their EU warehouses.

Are ProRTX products available in Europe? Their 50/50 hoody is better quality than the Gildan 18500, and about £1 cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RX350 is available but priced the same as the AWD Hoodie. It has to be imported from the UK.
    I am also buying from TopTex in Belgian. They have an Umweltfreundliches ( environmentally friendly ) Hoodie https://www.top-tex.de/catalog/produ...3884/?___SID=U
    K4027 and K4028. It comes in at 9,77€ but knocks spots of the others for quality. Plus you can sell the environmental angle too.