Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted Epson L1800
    By RichG in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-03-2021, 01:44 PM
  2. EPSON L1800 film printing problem
    By Sqt123 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2021, 08:33 AM
  3. Water bottles converted to mug press size
    By mnporter2001 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-2020, 11:27 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 10:26 PM
  5. Mouse Mat Converted
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-11-2013, 12:19 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

L1800 Converted DTF Printer

I'm selling my hardly used L1800 DTF Printer, not long after buying and converting this I moved to a wide format DTF, so its been sat with extra dampers installed and filled with cleaning solution. It's actually had very little use it was purchased as a backup for another L1800 DTF printer but subsequently put into a storage state after I moved over to wide format DTF so now it's surplus to requirements.

I purchased it new and converted it so it comes with external waste ink tank, rollers removed ( other than each side to help the media to feed) and also I made an access to the side to enable locking/unlocking of the print head with a screwdriver for wet capping and maintenence.

Due to work commitments I'm not in a positon to be able to teach you about these printers and DTF printing so only purchase this if you know what you're doing and are willing to undertake the daily maintainence required, in addition to this printer you will need DTF Rip software ( acrorip or similiar) and your own inks and media. I can put the purchaser in contact with my suppliers for all of these and possibly supply some with the printer.

SOLD
    Last edited by Jason; 12-10-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: SOLD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

Justin (29-09-2021)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Jason

Hope you are well fella :-)

Do you know where to purchase the curing oven and the powder tray? Don't know much about DTF (or sublimation some might argue ;-)) but thought that you need both of these items as well.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Mate,

I'm good thanks and hope you are too, you can cure them in your mug oven, we do ours this way or use our screen print belt dryer, powder tray if you need one can be anything a tupperware tray or cardboard box whatever suits.

Let me know if you have any more questions

cheers

Jason

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a couple ;-)

I have Acrorip which I purchased off some dodgy looking bloke when I purchased his UV printer... Will this run a DTF? I presume it will but just checking there are no plugins or different versions of the same software,

Secondly, how long did it take you to master the powder application? Am I overthinking that this is the key part to get spot on and is the tricky part to master

Lastly, how long does curing take and how accurate does the oven need to be etc etc. For example, assuming I have seperate shelves, could I put 20 odd sheets in there for XX minutes and all be perfect or is it the same as sublimation in an oven that occasionally you will get failures.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I know the fella, and he is dodgy ;-)

Its Acrorip 9.0.3 I'm not sure if the UV version is the same as the DTG/DTF version.

There's no skill to powdering you're just applying adhesive powder to wet ink, you just need to make sure the whole area exactly the same as screen print transfers, even you can manage this ;-)

Curing isn't particulary tempramental you're just melting the adhesive into the print, our oven is set around 130 for 2 - 3 minutes some people without an oven just hover the press over the print until it's melted, you could even use your griddle. We don't really get any failures other than sticking our fingers in the wet ink before its cured which obviously means the prints no good.

A very large part of our printing is now done DTF, I've sold my DTG in favour of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ok, enough about the dodgy fella...we all know who he is and he's just about to replace the word 'dodgy' with 'fine' :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've seen the results of this and can honestly say it is superb. I was very surprised how easy it was to apply the powder, even Jason makes it look easy with his webbed fingers so you should be fine Simon in your sheep wellies.....

I've seen the same printer for sale on another site for £750-£800 but it was absolutely ditched so this is a great price for something almost unused.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Paul (04-10-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I know the fella, and he is dodgy ;-)

Its Acrorip 9.0.3 I'm not sure if the UV version is the same as the DTG/DTF version.

There's no skill to powdering you're just applying adhesive powder to wet ink, you just need to make sure the whole area exactly the same as screen print transfers, even you can manage this ;-)

Curing isn't particulary tempramental you're just melting the adhesive into the print, our oven is set around 130 for 2 - 3 minutes some people without an oven just hover the press over the print until it's melted, you could even use your griddle. We don't really get any failures other than sticking our fingers in the wet ink before its cured which obviously means the prints no good.

A very large part of our printing is now done DTF, I've sold my DTG in favour of it.
    HI Jason , How good these DTF prints are comparing with DTG ?. I have a Epson F2100 and I heard you can use it to do DTF as well ?. . I would like a DTF as DTF transfers gives you more freedom when you are pressing them in to .Who do you recomend to go for the addhisives and films in UK ?. Thanks

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi, In my experience it's better than DTG, no need to pretreat for darks, you can decorate a lot more materials and if a print messes up, it's only the media thats no good and not the garment like DTG.

The downside compared to DTG is that you can't print a soft edge like DTG although there are ways around this.

Yes you can do DTF with a DTG printer, you'll need to change to DTF inks so I would speak with your Epson supplier to see which inks and media they recommend for your machine.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    HI Jason , How good these DTF prints are comparing with DTG ?. I have a Epson F2100 and I heard you can use it to do DTF as well ?. . I would like a DTF as DTF transfers gives you more freedom when you are pressing them in to .Who do you recomend to go for the addhisives and films in UK ?. Thanks
    Some info on DTF with F2100: https://www.jbsewing.com/en/dtf-printing-3

Would someone with experience of both, say that DTG is better for light cotton garments and DTF better for darks?