Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Site Speed ..
    By Ravisteam in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2019, 04:45 PM
  2. High Temperature vs Low Temperature Sublimation Ink??
    By astroanalyst in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-10-2015, 09:03 PM
  3. Forum speed issues
    By ArtyGamer in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 17-11-2014, 11:46 AM
  4. more haste less speed
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  5. speed and PRS ??
    By kris_hm in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 04:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Temperature and Speed settings

Hi all. New to the forums so hope to give and get as much knowledge as possible.

I've just purchased an Epson F6300 44inch printer and a Adkins Roll Master 1.2metre Rotary Press.

Purpose is for printing Flags.

I have no idea on temperature and times settings I should be running the materials through the rotary. Can anyone kindly give me some advice.

Kind regards

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Start with 180C
    Then for speed, use scraps of paper or fabric to time from when they are put it to when you can see them first appear coming out, and aim for this too be 60 seconds.
    That's a good test starting point.
    From there, you can experiment with how much you can up the temperature and speed and still get good results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate I'll give this a crack and let you know how I get on. Cheers

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've got basically the same setup. i.e. an Epson and an Adkins 1.2m Rotary press and so hoped you guys might have some insight for me.....

We are printing tea towels and keep getting some "wrinkling" on the transfer paper. We've only had the machine a couple of weeks but this persistant problem comes and goes and means we lose a few towels in a run of a few hundred. It's not a massive problem but we just don't (yet) have the experience to see exactly where the issue is coming from. We've had a bit of training following the install but this problem did not manifest itself in that time period. We've been adjusting tensions etc to see if we can eliminate it but to no avail. We can have the paper as flat as a pancake and then it seems to come again until we can cut a few wedges from the side to sort it out.

I did read one mystic comment online suggesting "Depending on the weight or stiffness of the paper, fine-tune the pressure between the blanket and the heated roller.". Ours is set at 2 bars of pressure and we are using a 70gsm paper. Unfortunately I don't know which way to adjust the pressure and when I have, we've not seem much difference.

If anyone has any suggestions based on their experience then please help.

Regards
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gary..

I only print flags and I've been using the rotary press with the settings it came from the factory with.

I use SRace paper and although it does buckle under the heat the final outcome isn't affected in any way.

I've seen somewhere you can buy and adhesive spray that allows the transfer paper to stick better to your surface. Maybe this would help if your case.

Sorry I can be of much more help.

Maxie
    Last edited by Maxie; 07-05-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you rolling the paper through the press the way it wants to roll?
    It goes through your printer rolling in the way it is used to - is it rolling/curling the same way/direction when you run it through the press?

I have some jobs in the past where I was printing velvet so had to run the fabric pile through the press the correct way, so had to run the transfer sheets through at 90 degrees to the way they wanted to curl, so in the end, ended up having to pre-press the transfers at around 100 degrees to make them curl the correct way to eliminate flaws in the transfer process due to the paper creasing when it was trying to curl through the press in a way it didn't want to