Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black mugs with full wrap panel ????
    By FlyingAl in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-05-2022, 12:28 PM
  2. 110z mugs that i can print 'full wrap'
    By guarddog14 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 08:14 PM
  3. Fw-500 full wrap mug press
    By BRENDAN in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-10-2013, 11:50 PM
  4. Full Wrap Mugs - with straight sides?
    By fr3spirit in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 10:59 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19-01-2010, 10:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Best mug press for full wrap photo mugs

Hi, im new to the world of sublimation and looking to buy a good mug press that is able to do full wrap photo/picture mugs with no faded edges. I live in Australia and unfortunately that means I don't have many options of available mug presses here. Ive read to stay away from the non branded presses so im looking at 5 different options. Ive tried to look for reviews but havent had any luck so im hoping someone here has used one of these to do full mug wraps and can give me an opinion of which way to go before I throw my money into getting one. The presses are
    Galaxy Pro Mug Press GS 203 ($695 AUD)
    Freesub Heavy Duty Mug Press Machine ($165.50 AUD)
    Freesub Pneumatic Single Mug Heat Press ($209.55)
    AUPLEX Digital Mug Press ($169.95 AUD)
    Cricut Mug Press ($348 AUD)
    I havent found much info about the first 4. I know the cricut is meant for use with cricut products, which i wont be using but its the only one ive seen videos of good results. This is the only one ive seen alot of information about, There are alot of good reviews but they seem to mostly be from people who have gotten the machine for free so im guessing that is a factor with how many good reviews they are getting. Ive also read some conflicting information where people are saying they are no good for photo mugs and not to use regular sublimation mugs or ink (Ive just purchased the sawgrass sg1000 and sawgrass ink and paper)
    There is quiet a big difference in prices and I am on a budget so would rather go for one of the cheaper one but if they are not going to give me good full wrap photo results Id rather just pay the extra to get a good quality machine as id like to sell these in the future. Any input anyone can give me on which one to go with would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys xx

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to be blunt but if you want to do full wrap photo mugs, you either need to be looking at the likes of Adkins and Geo Knight (although still not guaranteed), or be looking at using an oven instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Full wrap, with no faded edges? You're just going to be giving yourself a headache if you plan on offering this to any customers you may have. You'll be throwing more in the bin than what goes out the door.

Saying that, if you are still determined then I'd suggest using an oven and silicone mug wraps. You could start with one of the glass bowl type halogen cookers available from most high street stores for around £30-£50 (UK), with the wraps costing around £5-£10 each on ebay. I've had quite decent results with this method.

Place an oven thermometer in the glass bowl for more accurate, repeatable results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree. Oven only way to go based on your moon on a stick requirements :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi kelly, after a lot of trial and even more error, I found a solution.
    the basic 2 mug free sub press can get you full colour wrap….well up to about 7mm from handles …with no fading time after time.
    image heat taped to mug to approx 5-7 from handles.
    temp set to 180, time set to 130, pressure medium .
    the trick is to put the mug in, ….when it has reached the bleeping temp ….but pull the mug handle towards you, so that it touches the front of the machine (it does not shatter them like many will ) , then close it , then after it has finished , press the timer button, release the pressure and rotate the mug a cm or so backwards so that the handle is now against the back, press timer and cook a further 130 secs .

perfect results every time …from a press :)