Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Paul , I have a Dtg Epson F2100, Its very reliable machine , No need to operate and clean all the time .I love it so much . If you are not going to print lot of T shirts or Sell DTF transfers why bother buying a industrial DTF machine ?. Just buy a used Epson DTG like me and it can do DTF as well with no issues .I am interested cos I have a business in mind for bluk prints . But if not I think its over kill .
    I have about one volume job per week most weeks of between 200 and 600 shirts with a large print. The rest of the jobs are short run jobs. Currently the volume jobs are either sub or screen print ( and a few solvent), but about half would benefit from full colour dtf onto a dark shirt.
    For me that rules out a dtg printer. I am happy to let a roll or sheet fed printer chug away while I get on with other jobs and press the volume job when all the transfers are done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    I have about one volume job per week most weeks of between 200 and 600 shirts with a large print. The rest of the jobs are short run jobs. Currently the volume jobs are either sub or screen print ( and a few solvent), but about half would benefit from full colour dtf onto a dark shirt.
    For me that rules out a dtg printer. I am happy to let a roll or sheet fed printer chug away while I get on with other jobs and press the volume job when all the transfers are done.
    Those volums why you wait ?. Buy a one now ..It would make your life so easy .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravisteam For This Useful Post:

pw66 (04-11-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, but I am waiting for PandP in Feb to see what else is available

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (04-11-2021)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am happy to let a roll or sheet fed printer chug away while I get on with other jobs and press the volume job when all the transfers are done.
    Unless you go for something like the one that TMT are selling fro 17 grand then I think it is a bit more involved and leaving it to chug away might not be possible as they do require quite a bit of monitoring. ALso, once printed you have to manually add the adhesive powder and cure the sheet so it is quite manual intensive at the level you are talking about (same level as me).

Having said that, I did speak to someone at TMT who said sit on your hands for a year ish this is very new technology and new stuff is coming next year which will be far better suited to my (and therefor your) needs.

If you do decided on the one that TMT are selling then I think there is a 3 or 4 month wait at the moment.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Unless you go for something like the one that TMT are selling fro 17 grand then I think it is a bit more involved and leaving it to chug away might not be possible as they do require quite a bit of monitoring. ALso, once printed you have to manually add the adhesive powder and cure the sheet so it is quite manual intensive at the level you are talking about (same level as me).
    I couldn't agree more, although I was being slightly flipant about the 'chugging away' bit. I simply meant that I wouldn't need the printer to produce transfers at the same speed that I could press them at, so I could possibly get away with a smaller printer and shaker, if the quality was right.

There will be a lot more choice next year.

I considered the TMT/Resolute system but decided to wait for a few months. It was £15k - has the price gone up?
    The RA Smart system is a bit dearer, largely because you have to buy the rip and consumables separately.
    Mutoh/STS inks- are in the process of appointing a UK distributor, so time will tell.
    Interestingly, Dave Roper/Screen Print World have today announced a system. If they are getting involved then I think the writting is really on the wall. This will be the future.

What makes me hesitate at the moment is that - Mutoh aside - non of the current systems are backed by a major manufacturer.
    It reminds me of the early years of DTG, with lots of rebadged and repurposed product being sold at high prices.